Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

we all drumpf down here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
make barron john again

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

byob historian posted:

this is embarrassing

Jay Leno fan then?

He's doing a sympathetic piece Monica Lewenski and retroactively calling Jay Leno an rear end in a top hat for his part in that

Nothing wrong with a guy saying a genuine gently caress you to Jay Leno

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally Jay Leno will be brought to task for his crimes

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

radical leftist john Oliver DESTROY S nicolas maduro in EPIC takedown

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

byob historian posted:

make barron john again

there's an australian news/comedy show on abc called planet america hosted by a journalist who is actually legit named john barron

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/LastWeekTonight/status/704328751123984384

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Ayn Randi posted:

there's an australian news/comedy show on abc called planet america hosted by a journalist who is actually legit named john barron

trrrump

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Hustlin Floh posted:

Finally Jay Leno will be brought to task for his crimes

Dec 26, 2012

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Centrists/liberals will always do whatever makes it seem like things can never be any way besides what they are right now, nothing can ever change, other examples around the world be damned. This show isn't great at breaking from that, but if an episode makes you mad enough you'll go to other sources to find your own solutions.

they're more likely to be mollified and not do poo poo with that information because the show always undercuts it in the end with some dumb joke

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

people in here trying so hard to be too cool for popular thing that's barley main stream lmbo

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
He brought on Lewenski for a TEN MINUTE interview and she's talking about her life and people being assholes to her

She got a story on the air that her prospective employers wanted to see an indemnification letter from the Clintons because they got public funding and Hillary might be president

Makes the Clintons seem like this enormous evil force with power over whether she gets a job or not to this day

What other news show airs that

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Jay Leno fan then?

He's doing a sympathetic piece Monica Lewenski and retroactively calling Jay Leno an rear end in a top hat for his part in that

Nothing wrong with a guy saying a genuine gently caress you to Jay Leno

the person who jokes about the rapist is bad, but the rapist... the rapist is very good

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

01011001 posted:

they're more likely to be mollified and not do poo poo with that information because the show always undercuts it in the end with some dumb joke

Bullshit

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

itskage posted:

people in here trying so hard to be too cool for popular thing that's barley main stream lmbo

Uphold Mao Tse Tung Thought! Combat Lenoism!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Dumb Lowtax posted:

He brought on Lewenski for a TEN MINUTE interview and she's talking about her life and people being assholes to her

She got a story on the air that her prospective employers wanted to see an indemnification letter from the Clintons because they got public funding and Hillary might be president

Makes the Clintons seem like this enormous evil force with power over whether she gets a job or not to this day

What other news show airs that
what does left mean to you :thunk:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

byob historian posted:

what does left mean to you :thunk:

What are you even doing here

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

this was the point when i stopped watching JO ya

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Dumb Lowtax posted:

What are you even doing here
why are you not impressed by me telling a late nighte comedian to gently caress off

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

My sociology prof in college who does actual left activism and poo poo was a fan of LWT, although this was all pre/just after trump election so it could've gotten way worse since then

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Jay Leno mus t be defeated

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Lewenski is STILL TALKING

Giving encouraging messages to anyone who gets targetted by public shaming and what to do

e: He just FINISHED the episode on that, using up like half the episode on just being nice to Monica Lewenski

You all are pissed at the wrong show. Tonight's was a force for good and you all can't deny it

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
op you seem very invested in people validating your choice in television programs

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

byob historian posted:

why are you not impressed by me telling a late nighte comedian to gently caress off

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Ayn Randi posted:

op you seem very invested in people validating your choice in television programs

No I just want to watch this drat show tonight with someone who thinks like I do and have someone to talk about it with while it streams and instead the pissiest motherfuckers online logged on tonight

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
i like the show just fine but this is a weird hill to die on

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dumb Lowtax posted:

No I just want to watch this drat show tonight with someone who thinks like I do and have someone to talk about it with while it streams and instead the pissiest motherfuckers online logged on tonight

is watching tv with someone typically a thing you can do on an internet forum and not like, humans in a room with you, because i am seriously out of the loop if so

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

hbo costs too much for the working person, bad show

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Ayn Randi posted:

is watching tv with someone typically a thing you can do on an internet forum and not like, humans in a room with you, because i am seriously out of the loop if so

There are two people in the room with me who just watched it too and I am spending time with them and you, yes

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
*quadruples down on people who are not interested*

"no, it is the room that is reading ME wrong"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Make a thread in D&D dude

It’s a whole forum for people who watch that show and respect John Oliver

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

itskage posted:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah sorry but if you’re getting your leftism from a dude that owns a multimillion mansion in manhattan you’ve fallen for the old liberal switcheroo

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Yesterday's 'Daily Show' Nailed It

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
when I hear the wealthy limey make incredulous grunts, i am inspired, and do leftism,

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Taintrunner posted:

yeah sorry but if you’re getting your leftism from a dude that owns a multimillion mansion in manhattan you’ve fallen for the old liberal switcheroo

The Bern Dog Owns More THan One House!!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
You’re so close

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/LastWeekTonight/status/705060869927907328

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScrubLeague posted:

The Bern Dog Owns More THan One House!!

John Oliver is not an elected official who has to go between the state he represents and Washington D.C, where the Senate is located.

it’s purely for his personal profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Taintrunner posted:

John Oliver is not an elected official who has to go between the state he represents and Washington D.C, where the Senate is located.

it’s purely for his personal profit.

you know they have apartments in dc right