Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Join my 9th annual March Madness bracket challenge. Last year's winner was a lucky goon who received a box full of beers hand-picked based on their own personal tastes.

http://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-...itesource=email

Password is bringbeer

Remember: Nobody knows nothing about college basketball. It's not about getting good, it's about finding a reason to watch two F-List cow colleges face off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
I won last year and Drunk Nerds sent me a variety of awesome beers! Dude is legit. Thanks for setting this up again -- it's my favorite time of year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In it to maybe finish top half

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I have joined and look forward to being mathematically eliminated before the First Four is over.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Well I've made my terrible bracket

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My wife is trying to pick these in reverse alphabetical order based on mascot, but she keeps getting gridlocked with "Wildcats vs. Wildcats"

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I look forward to calling 1 game right and hanging my hat on that for years (and ignoring everything else in the bracket).

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.
I picked terribly.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I hate this year's tournament structure; I can't get away from playing it safe no matter how many brackets I make.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Next year I'm going to find a site that awards points based on the seed number of the winners

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Duke over Houston in the NCG, 420-69

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Drunk Nerds posted:

Next year I'm going to find a site that awards points based on the seed number of the winners

so...Yahoo?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

so...Yahoo?

Jeez, is it that easy? Consider it done, thanks.

I would've figured that out this year, but I had a family death take up all my resources.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Drunk Nerds posted:

Jeez, is it that easy? Consider it done, thanks.

I would've figured that out this year, but I had a family death take up all my resources.

yahoo has two different alternate settings, upset bonus and seed difference multiplier

maybe that's not entirely what you're going for but it's pretty close I think

also my condolences :(

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

yahoo has two different alternate settings, upset bonus and seed difference multiplier

maybe that's not entirely what you're going for but it's pretty close I think

also my condolences :(

Yeah that sounds close enough.

Thanks, Jamey Eisenberg, Dave Richard, and Adam Aizer each tweeted out my dad's obituary (I framed it as a fantasy football advice column). That brought me some sweet closure.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I started to get pretty good at this in recent years, usually because I start at the bottom of the first round of NBA draft scouting and move up, and the advantage to seeing these teams play is huge.

But the scouting is so dire this year that I had to move up to the top for a bit just to stay motivated to finish so I don't actually know anything about most of the field.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
This is really dumb but it's bugging me because I know I've done it in the past. I want the bracket to actually fit to the page when I print it. There's like 1.75 inches of blank space on the left side of the page and the same on the right. How do I stretch that? Widening the margins in chrome don't do anything unless I'm doing it wrong. If you press "Print Bracket" on ESPN you'll see what I mean.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I will not win this.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

My wife is trying to pick these in reverse alphabetical order based on mascot, but she keeps getting gridlocked with "Wildcats vs. Wildcats"

She is 4-for-4 so far

Edit: 6-for-6

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 21, 2019

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’m perfect so far but I picked Seton Hall over Wofford for some reason and that seems like a bad pick. We’ll see how that turns out.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m perfect so far but I picked Seton Hall over Wofford for some reason and that seems like a bad pick. We’ll see how that turns out.

I just came in here to ask who you were and congratulate you. Starting 12-for-12 is rare.

Is there any way to see teams in this league that aren't in the top 50? The TC app won't let me scroll past 50, and the espn site just kicks me out to the general fantasy page when I click on our group (wtf?)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
drat that PG, Murphy, on Wofford has some sick ball control. Plus MaGee is about to set the career 3-pt record.

I love this tournament because I never, ever would've watched "Wofford" but they are super fun.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
89 has Auburn to win it all. If Texas Tech and Auburn win this Saturday, he clinches.

if not, Bracket Busters wins if Virginia takes the title or both Virginia and TT win this weekend, and Dakota Rob wins if MSU takes it all.

I believe that's all the winning moves, please correct me if I'm wrong

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So it's down to Brandon Clarke and Bracket Busters. Good luck! Are either of them here?

Can't believe Virginia could go from being the first #1 seed to lose in the first round to winning the whole tournament 1 year later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Congrats copland251. You were in the top 99.7 %ile! Contact me for beer!