Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1-800-273-8255
Free Online Chat
National Institute for Mental Health

CineD GenChat Discord
CineD Horror Thread Discord

Film is a powerful medium. Watching a movie bonds you with your fellow audience. It creates a bridge between disparate people who otherwise might have nothing in common. If you know anything about me, I truly believe CineD is the best movie forum on the internet. Our community is intelligent, we have a wide range of interests and knowledge, and we're all interesting people. We also devolve into a lot of petty, pedantic hateful slap fights. Part of my job as moderator is to try and keep this community together. I ask each of you to consider that you're talking with actual people with actual lives. Some of us have a lot going on in our life, and we hop in CineD to trade a few jokes or share thoughts on a movie we saw before returning to the offline world. For others, this online community IS the majority of their life. So please, keep in mind we're all just movie lovers trying to keep moving forward in a cruel world. Take time to show others you care about them, that you wish them well, and hope for the best. And even if it's someone you absolutely can't stand, I'm not asking you to befriend them, but to hold back unnecessary harsh words, and show them some courtesy.

It's funny how, even not knowing the person's true name or what they look like, talking with someone daily creates a very real bond. For some people, that bond means everything. Some of us need to be reminded that we are loved and cared for by others.

I have had online friends that, sadly, did not feel that they were loved, and chose to end their life. I have spent time talking with family members who log into their online accounts to find answers. I have shared my condolences, and felt impotent because I can't provide them the answers they want. I still miss my friends. I have had a significant other--someone who I would have spent the rest of my life with--take their own life, because of their loneliness and isolation. I still feel guilty that they didn't feel they could call me, when they could.

If you feel like you're alone, if you're feeling depressed, if you're feeling low, you have us. Hop into GenChat, or one of CineD's discords, and talk with someone. PM someone. Message me, even. You aren't alone.

If you feel like life isn't worth living, as difficult as it feels, it's worth living.

If you feel like it can't get better, it can get better.

You are loved. You are one of us.

For others, please take the time to reach out to someone. Maybe the seem unwell. Maybe they seem unusually low, despondent, or depressed. Maybe you haven't heard from them in a while. Take the time and make sure they're okay. If someone seems like they need help, please notify moderators and admin as soon as possible, so we may be able to provide help.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope it helps you.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU