Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
are gamers finally rising up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
video game i n f l u e n c e r s

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
let me amplify this stream experience for you through my live reaction:

:ok:

thanks for watching, please like and subscribe and don't forget to check out my patreon

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Lmao at their stream loving up.

truly the future of video gaming

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Snuffman posted:

Regardless of the hardware but what kind of internet connection do you need?
one near a google data center

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
you can speak gamer words directly to the controller ai

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i'm gonna play all my video games through my browser at 8k resolution with half a second input lag

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
why isn't he comparing it to the nintendo switch entertainment system, the only good console

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KodiakRS posted:

Anyone who did the ACO trial care to comment on input lag? I'm guessing it's not great.
depends entirely on your location

i'm sure it's fine if you live in a big US city, but there are probably a lot of places and entire countries where it's simply not feasible

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
but why

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
finally i can make everything in doom look like goatse

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
oh are they talking about twitch

e: nvm

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
is this the bazinga guy

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
any time i want to do anything in a video game i need to fire up youtube™ and look at how influencers did it

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
cool, ads anywhere

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

American McGay posted:

Google just announced a gaming platform with no games. Holy poo poo. This is the whole presentation.

he just said they revealed a lot, are you calling him a liar

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

where

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
this is a cool service that lets anyone* play any game* anywhere* that scales infinitely* and let's you play with thousands of other people with zero latency*

*some restrictions may apply

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

The idea of streaming games is such a grim dark future for me but I can't fully articulate why.

I guess the idea of no longer having the files locally or truly "owning" the software and being able to modify it.

cloud? more like :gas:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

they would know a thing or two about flops

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

If I can rent some games through this and get my fill without ever having to install them and have zero-to-imperceptible input lag, this could be pretty neat, but I'm really not holding my breath.
until google installs a data center in every back yard and/or figure out how to transmit data faster than the speed of light, this isn't happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the tech is not ready, we just need to figure out how to break the laws of physics first