Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This movie played on my love for the Dulce Baseconspiracy and I love it for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think it also means they matter as much as anyone. They were the forgotten. Left to roam in the underground areas alone, with no one to guide them, until Red/realAdelaide gave them a way out.

The real Red stole the life that she was supposed to have, and forced her to where she was supposed to be. I’m not sure where I’m going with this, but it felt like some kind of punishment for the whole thing, that got flipped sort of in the end.

Could also be literal because Red is actually an American citizen wrongfully trapped in the underground.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 22, 2019

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Chud for trump/alt-right is a SA term I believe.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Im still weirded out after two days.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Baxate posted:

I thought the body swap reveal at the end made no sense at all

none of Adelaide’s actions or dialogue would lead you to believe she was the Tethered. Like there’s not a moment where you would look back and question who she is. The not speaking thing sure, but her adult life nothing leads you to believe she’s anything but normal. When she tells Gabe about what happened on the boardwalk there’s no clue to the swap. She tells the audience straight up she’s the real Adelaide and she saw another version of herself. If she was the one who did the swap, why would she be so afraid of the beach for instance? Also how she had no clue about any of the underground stuff and had to have it explained to her despite having lived there for the first seven years of her life

Any time she kills someone she goes into an insane rage where she makes strange sounds and yelps. It's very disturbing if you notice it. I thought it was a commentary on how violence twists you, but that was before the twist.

Also when she's given the handcuffs, she reacts pretty explicitly to it.

Ooh, and as mentioned earlier, she's spared by Tethered-Kitty most likely because she knows Adelaide is like her.

As to why she was afraid of the beach, it's because it's where the real Adelaide is. So instead of being as far away as possible, she's now right there.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Murder isn’t an easy thing to do for most people.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Baxate posted:

I don’t buy that either because they all joke about their kill count and Zora seems to have no issue bludgeoning a girl to death with a golf club, and Jason too with Kitty’s doppelgänger. There’s really not even a difference in how Adelaide did her murders that I saw

It’s there.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ya’ll gotta start reading more ufo conspiracy theories lmao

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Us aged very well. I like it more than I did a week ago.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Black Lighter posted:

Just saw this today and loved it, but I'm curious as to why everyone seems to think that the tunnels stretched across the whole United States? I don't remember any line in the movie that indicates how large the system is supposed to be; and since the movie does a really good job of limiting the information we receive to what the characters would know from firsthand experience otherwise, I don't think we're supposed to walk away thinking the untethering was a nationwide event - given the movie's themes, I think that would have been made clear if it was the case.

It's said in the very start of the film, with the title card saying so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hereditary works in the same way the force works. Because it wants to see a cool rear end story and wills it to be.