Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

zapplez posted:

Call me out in the thunderdome or fyad or whatever if you want to, rather not derail a good D&D thread . I got banned with a lovely alt, not the first guy and not the last guy. Big woop. Lets talk canpol.

No one should give a person who uses their sockpuppet account to agree with themselves honest debate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

RBC posted:

What the gently caress would that thing ever be needed for?

According to the article, they can use the big vehicle to push smaller ones, and one time they "had" to borrow one from the military so that means it's totally justified to spend half a million dollars on it

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

PT6A posted:

Hey, you gently caress someone’s poo poo up, you’re going to catch a beating. If the dude is hosed in the head, I’m not going to say he needs to go to jail or prison, but if you break into somebody’s house and they (not the police or a witness) gently caress you up as a result, not in cold blood, well, poo poo happens.

Did he deserve to get beaten to a pulp? Absolutely not, but being well pissed off that someone just tried to break into your house is no less a valid reason to do unacceptable things than mental illness in the first place. Everyone involved should be treated with compassion and understanding, now that it’s no longer in the heat of the moment.

Throwing a rock at a window does not count as trying to break in

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Pleads posted:

I managed a market research study for UCP voters and right before I raged out and closed the group once my job was done, I saw "I voted UCP because the NDP was causing Alberta to loose (sic) its diversity".

The gently caress does that even mean.

The oil boom brought in a diverse group of white people from all over the country, then the NDP made oil prices go down so now some of them are leaving

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

I mean if the only thing you like about a thread is when people emptyquote things being said elsewhere then maybe this isn't the right thread for you

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Helsing posted:

--(Lack of) Politics chat. Sometimes this thread feels more like the all purpose Canada chat thread rather than the Canadian politics thread. Maybe that's ok though. Do people want to try and encourage more regular discussion of politics and if so does anyone have any ideas on how we could encourage that kind of discussion?

There's already a thread specifically for chat, just encourage people to use it more instead of derailing this one

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

incontinence 100 posted:

So why the obsession with EVs? Why not hydrogen?

Storing and distributing hydrogen is a bit more difficult than electricity

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

I'll be amazed if the driver even gets a small fine, let alone jail time or loses their licence for any period of time
EDIT: Hell I bet a pedestrian that throws a bottle at someone blowing the crosswalk would be punished more harshly

Booourns fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 25, 2019

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

flakeloaf posted:

THAT'S THE loving POINT YOU TOADS

But what about the growth, the growth!? Rich people can't just get richer every year, they have to get more richer this year than they did the last

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Rime posted:

Youths with poor upbringings due to broken families in shithole isolated dying town turn to internet as an outlet for emotional maladjustment and become hyper-radicalized by the tidal-wave of right wing hatred easily found anywhere on the modern web - > go on murder spree.

Don't kid yourselves, if half of this loving website had been born a decade or two later they'd be following the same path as these two.

Just because you're nutso doesn't mean everyone else here is

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

quote:

When he tried to explain himself to PPC officials, Fatah says Harrison interjected and “told me to f–k off to ‘the poo poo hole you came from’.”

quote:

In a series of videos uploaded to YouTube, Harrison argued that he was justified in shoving Fatah, whom he mocks as a “Pakistani penguin,” because he was allegedly struck by spit as the Toronto Sun columnist yelled at him.
cool that these things get mentioned and then never brought up again in the article like they don't even seem to matter

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

cowofwar posted:

Wont someone please think of the maligned 1.4 billion ethnic Han Chinese who continue to be persecuted by the Tibetans and Uyghur Muslims. Their dwindling population cannot survive the cultural and economic pushes of African nations in addition to the soft power reaches of the rest of the world through student/cultural/charity organizations. Their innovative culture continues to be sabotaged by US spying and IP theft and tourists from the UK keep pissing in their elevators, making GBS threads out in the open, and generally covering all their responsibly managed and occupied real estate in a veneer of spit.

There are a few friendly nations who respect their cultural right to smuggle money out of the country from falsified business loans, who provide support for their definitely producing 100% factories according to ethically impressive quarterly reports, and who support the hard working basement farmers’ fentanyl harvests.

The world truly has much to learn from the Chinese cultural tradition of focusing on ethics, charity, and social collaboration over profit-seeking or conspicuous consumption of material wealth. The Chinese are so generous that they are willing to donate their organs to the state to help Party members, provide free transportation in lethal injection vans, and voluntarily compensate the Party for expenses incurred when executing their family members.

It is absolutely imperative that behaviour and cultural norms be conflated with race and that ethnic Han Chinese receive the affirmative benefits of other persecuted visible minorities from other economically disadvantaged countries, so that China, the largest country and second largest economy in the world, can escape from the oppressive boots of Nigeria and Angola, and finally achieve freedom to operate without the yolk of regulations and laws abroad.

我有一個夢想

lol you didn't even get a probation for that post why are you melting down

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Birudojin posted:

https://www.thestar.com/politics/fe...y-liberals.html

To be fair, Canada has always forced married couples to have children, and then forcibly annulled relationships where the partners would not, could not, or simply no longer were having children.

It's great that he's also saying that straight couples who can't have children "naturally" shouldn't get to be married either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004

~thanks!

Before replying to zappelz remember that they're the kinda person that uses their parachute account to agree with themselves and act accordingly