Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

America 2019: Send Help.

11 months left until the first votes are cast on the path toward (hopefully) bailing ourselves out of this terrible mess we made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Cable Guy posted:

Hey Mods, I've been meaning to ask this in the other threads, but they seem to be well in by the time I remember.

When the thread title changes, would mods be able to add the updated thread title to the OP with a link to the post or page that inspired the change. It would be a handy "Contents" page and would also be a nice track of events as they transpired. Would also allow people who miss numerous name changes in a day (when they happen) to keep up.

Something like

which gets updated with new thread titles.

Obligatory re-post:

This is a lot of :effort: and I have a full time job while Ard is in the wrong time zone. So if PPJ, who has the most free time of the three of us, wants to try and keep up with this, then he can, but I don't think I can be bothered.

To clarify, I tend to change thread titles from my phone, which is relatively easy, but editing the OP on the phone is a pain.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Finally I, a parent of a child with multiple disabilities, understand what a wheelchair on a bathroom sign means. Thanks to all of you for clearing that up.

My problem is with this specific sign.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

Springtime for Shitler

Springtime for Hitler (Dull Tangerine)

EDIT: No tax yet on the first page? For shame!

HPanda fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 22, 2019

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

HPanda posted:

Springtime for Hitler (Dull Tangerine)

EDIT: No tax yet on the first page? For shame!

Eggdog was there!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

RandomBlue posted:

Finally I, a parent of a child with multiple disabilities, understand what a wheelchair on a bathroom sign means. Thanks to all of you for clearing that up.

I don't think you do, Friend. The disability accessible portion has nothing to do with the Genderal Neutralness of it. Hope that helps!

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

DiggityDoink posted:

Eggdog was there!

Oh, sorry, misspoke. Meant first fresh page.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Zesty posted:

I don't think you do, Friend. The disability accessible portion has nothing to do with the Genderal Neutralness of it. Hope that helps!

Take your HTH and go gently caress yourself, friend. HTH.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

So should the sign just leave off the handicapped symbol and be unknown to people with handicaps that they can use the bathroom?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

RandomBlue posted:

Take a breath. It's all going to be okay. :shobon:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RandomBlue posted:

There are nonbinary/nonconforming folks with disabilities you know.

Not that that is the point of the sign, but...

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

RandomBlue posted:

You're coming across as really petulant here. If your problem is the handicapped sign, and you just want a toilet and none of the symbols, how is a handicapped person supposed to know the restroom is specifically accessable?

Beyond that, is it not a good idea to specifically state a restroom is gender neutral for the purposes of taking the guesswork out of it for trans/non-binary people? I mean yeah, it would be great if we lived in a country where all single-occupancy restrooms (or hell all restrooms period) were gender neutral but it's just not the case.

I guess I just don't see how a sign that specifically maximizes inclusivity is a hill worth dying on for a progressive.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Wanna just take a moment to remind everyone that the story with the derailing sign in its image also involves an assistant principal trying to get a 15-year-old student to pee in a way such that the adult could see the student's genitals.

There's a lot here, really.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zesty posted:

Take a breath. It's all going to be okay. :shobon:

A reminder:

Lightning Knight posted:

Things are not normal. Stop pretending they are. Stop criticizing people for being rightfully afraid, or for taking steps to protect themselves.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

RandomBlue posted:

I'm afraid I don't really understand. Could it not be a gender neutral, wheelchair accessible bathroom? That's what I understand the sign to be indicating, at least, as a cisgendered non-disabled person.

This actually doesn't seem very relevant to this particular discussion, but I also don't think this topic warrants this level of hostility guys.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Lightning Knight posted:

This is a lot of :effort: and I have a full time job while Ard is in the wrong time zone. So if PPJ, who has the most free time of the three of us, wants to try and keep up with this, then he can, but I don't think I can be bothered.

To clarify, I tend to change thread titles from my phone, which is relatively easy, but editing the OP on the phone is a pain.

Understandable.

PPJ - if you are up to it, I think it'd be a great permanent record of the season's roller-coaster ride.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

RandomBlue posted:

Would it have been okay if it was two separate signs?

Would it have been okay if there was a clear separation between the wheelchair and the gender specifications?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
We got a presentation from the Army Corps of Engineers about how we are all going to die in like 50 years because of climate change in order to get us to be more supportive of the giant retention basins they want to build so that was cool.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Stereotype posted:

Would it have been okay if it was two separate signs?

Would it have been okay if there was a clear separation between the wheelchair and the gender specifications?

Better lose that braille too

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Trans rights are cool. That principle not cool. Telling a minor to pee in from of them is bad.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Booourns posted:

Better lose that braille too

It's an honor, Mr President.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Annointed posted:

Trans rights are cool. That principle not cool. Telling a minor to pee in from of them is bad.

I'm sure trump does it all the time though

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/bentarnoff/status/1108838086258102279

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

RandomBlue posted:

What different graphic would you use to represent a gender neutral and accessible bathroom?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Another fun reason stated for why they can't form a union is that Kickstarter Can Fail since apparently Unionized Workforce ensures they'll never be able to "raise a round," even though they are currently profitable.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
From now on, all bathrooms will be identified by the image of a toilet with handle bars next to it.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

There are no people anywhere that are more stupid than those who thinks they shouldn't unionize because of management propaganda.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Crabtree posted:

From now on, all bathrooms will be identified by the image of a toilet with handle bars next to it.

To be fair, all bathrooms should have handicapped accessible toilets. It's just that we have to gently caress with them and make them use their own restrooms.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Lightning Knight posted:

Could we then instead get a post in the thread by the person who made the change and what the new title is, considering how much easier it is to make a new post on mobile instead of editing an old (and massive) one? I also have an interest in keeping track of the thread's titles and I'd vastly appreciate a little more structure and visibility.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yes, and you have all these wonderful things! Until we, your employers, decide you don't need them anymore, and cut them without any say from you.

literally happened at UPS. the laborers are union, the management are not. they tried to slash the health benefits for workers, but failed. they did not fail, however, in drastically slashing management benefits, because they have no say.

always be unionizing.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

RandomBlue posted:

Again, trying to be cute about gender neutral or trans issues like that makes you look like an rear end in a top hat.

I don't think it's trying to be cute. That silhouette that is a combination of the male and female silhouette is sometimes used for GNC/nonbinary/genderqueer people.

Edit: Oh, I'm very late on this. Don't post tired, y'all.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Mar 22, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Kith posted:

Could we then instead get a post in the thread by the person who made the change and what the new title is, considering how much easier it is to make a new post on mobile instead of editing an old (and massive) one? I also have an interest in keeping track of the thread's titles and I'd vastly appreciate a little more structure and visibility.

If you guys are invested enough to do that then by all means. I personally don't care very much about tracking such things tho so I probably wouldn't enforce it as a rule or anything.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

If you guys are invested enough to do that then by all means. I personally don't care very much about tracking such things tho so I probably wouldn't enforce it as a rule or anything.

Also a lot of thread titles come from me yelling poo poo at Jones and Lightning on Discord, so that feature might not be comprehensive.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

How can anyone take this argument seriously when unions for professional athletes and actors exist?

Like holy poo poo this is loving dumb.

Solkanar512 fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Mar 22, 2019

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Dan Crenshaw sucks and I hope he is a 1 term rep.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

DiggityDoink posted:

To be fair, all bathrooms should have handicapped accessible toilets. It's just that we have to gently caress with them and make them use their own restrooms.
Hot take: All women's bathroom signs are already handicapped accessible signs: The handicap of not having a penis.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

DiggityDoink posted:

So should the sign just leave off the handicapped symbol and be unknown to people with handicaps that they can use the bathroom?

Woo new thread of to a rocking start!

Hot Take: The real problem is that trans people can't just use the bathroom of their gender identity without a problem. Oh and there aren't NEARLY enough bathrooms to accommodate people with disabilities who have assistants. The sign is just a stupid sign. The principal is bad and regressive.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1109045104080244736

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Unionize harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Bakanogami posted:

Just mailed my tax return into the IRS, so I should pay my taxes here, too.

https://twitter.com/pawzuu/status/1100967979867496448/video/1

omg it's fluffy

James Garfield posted:

I assume the wheelchair is there to indicate that it's an accessible bathroom.

Yeah, it's an attempt to let people with disabilities know that this gender neutral bathroom is also accessible. I'm not sure there's a better way to label it.

edit: maybe two separate signs?

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 22, 2019