Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Schwartzcough posted:

Thanks for this, it was fun! (even if I could never keep track of who was who or what names went to who or who could do what).

Like, were the character names randomized letters, or were they all references to obscure anime or something?

I assume all the monster names were completely randomly generated gibberish.

There is a custom name list that you can edit, for male and female names! The vast majority of it is anime stuff. I didn't think about it until it was too late but I've since changed my namelists to have way less anime. I don't know 100% but there's either an non-editable list of monster names, or it's various combinations of parts in addition to some words. There is also a filter that disallows some words from appearing (slurs and the like) but I don't think users have access to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

There is a custom name list that you can edit, for male and female names! The vast majority of it is anime stuff. I didn't think about it until it was too late but I've since changed my namelists to have way less anime. I don't know 100% but there's either an non-editable list of monster names, or it's various combinations of parts in addition to some words. There is also a filter that disallows some words from appearing (slurs and the like) but I don't think users have access to it.

Meth is 100% okay though (or at least it was)

Still love how that was out in the desert for me.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://lparchive.org/Beyond-Chaos-EX-Final-Fantasy-6-Randomizer/

We did it, everyone! I did the thing!

Edit: I just noticed that due to the title of the updated randomizer, mine is now listed above liquidypoo's on the archive. Sorry liquidy!

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Apr 19, 2020