Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VitalSigns posted:

P sure it's not "guilt by association" if you know the guy is a predator and suck up to him anyway. That's just you elevating a predator.

"Guilt by association" is when you condemn someone based on some irrelevant link like "well you were his roommate in college" or "well you're his brother so you must be bad too" or "you were his friend so even though no one knew you must have known." It's not when you condemn someone for things they actually knew and did like fêteing the owner of the Lolita Express.

uh

that twitter thread is condemning people for working with Jeffrey Epstein's brother Mark, who at last look is not actually a child rapist or accused of being one.

It is by even your own definitions guilt by association.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VitalSigns posted:

Ah ok I missed that post and thought we were talking about people associating with Jeffrey Epstein, that makes more sense.

E:

Oh wait nvm letting your brother use your property for human trafficking is not 'guilt by association' it's straight up guilt

The Qanon twitter thread in question then decides that a pediatrician is a pedophile because she runs a charity in Los Angeles that uses the word "Liddle" which means that it's a front because Adam Schiff represents LA and Donald Trump nicknamed Schiff "Liddle", ergo because Schiff is on the congressional advisory board for Mark Epstein's NGO this means clearly that the pediatrician is killing and raping children.

So if you live in Los Angeles, you probably are a kiddie raper according to this logic of the master investigators.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

this does not appear to address the whole "his brother was using his property to traffic sex slaves" bit

please explain

what, there's a 200 unit apartment building that Mark's real estate company owns. Jeffrey leased a poo poo ton of units in that building that mixed legit usage with underaged sex trafficking claiming it was for modeling.

Mark hasn't shown up in any of the documents yet as someone who was participating or in the know.

also, since I finally got a better look at the NGO

Mark Epstein is one of 9 directors on the NGO and is not a founder, nor is he the NGO chair. Attempting to demonize anyone because they worked with this company is ridiculous.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Condiv posted:

one of the most establishment of dems (bill clinton) hung out with epstein like crazy so it's probably not too crazy to claim that other establishment dems have ties to epstein too.

i'm not certain that mark epstein was involved in his brother's child trafficking, but he seems a little entangled (benefitting from his brothers connections for real estate deals, renting out to his brother, well connected like his brother, etc). likewise, mark epstein's humpty dumpty institute seems like it would be a good source of the sex slaves jeffrey was dealing in, but again maybe he was totally unaware of what his brother was doing while at the same time benefiting from his brother's ties.

Epstein is on the board of directors and is not the chairman, nor a founder of the institute.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ytlaya posted:

He hasn't been a libertarian for many years now.

Stuff like this kinda reinforces my perception that 90% of the bizarre hate boner people have for that guy is due to people going off some vague baseless perception that he's a right-winger*.

Why would people who think that someone who appears as a fairly regular guest on the show of noted fascist Tucker Carlson might be right winger indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Helsing posted: