Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Helsing posted:

This would hardly be the first time that a conspiracy theory was launched on the basis of an actual scandal. It may be that there was some amount of untoward behaviour or even something outright criminal (I mean in addition to the process crimes that were unambiguously criminal acts but which on their own don't prove anything about the underlying accusations) but that nevertheless the version of this story that was relentlessly hyped by the media was nevertheless a conspiracy theory.
Like... high-ranking persons Trump campaign probably actually cooperated (let's not use the other C-word) with the Russians to dig up dirt on Hillary in exchange for an implied or explicitly promised improvement in US-Russia relationships and end to the sanctions, but the reporting on the matter was just too melodramatic?

Trump probably definitely banged prostitutes in Russia but they probably didn't pee on him?

No one ever felt the need to explicitly state that the success of Trump's business interests in Russia was contingent upon his cooperation with Putin's regime?

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The one conspiracy theory that I pretty much believe is that Yuri Andropov was assassinated just as he got around to tackling the entrenched corruption in ruling USSR circles. Some sort of poison causing kidney failure and a falsified autopsy report would be pretty easy to arrange.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

Finally we can put all this awful business behind us, welp no need for all this evidence implicating political and business leaders anymore
I'm upset that we thought the exact same words.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Is there another thread discussing this?