Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I have a silly question. Considering that we're building a Soviet republic, what happens in-game in 1989?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Volmarias posted:

they will not all be getting cars, lol

This is the correct choice.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Why aren't there bikes?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I agree with these points. It'd be a good way to increase health and give your citizens physical exercise, too. The factory would consume chemicals, mechanical components, and steel.

It's not impossible to implement bicycles in the game as it currently exists, is my point.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

And let's not forget factories for building your own trains!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It would be nice if you could arrange your electrical network to prioritise local production and only buy power when you don't produce enough on your own.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Also asphalt footpaths! Finally

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The secret to this game is that it's both a city builder and a factory simulator, and you need to be good at the factory building before you can tackle the city.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I see you also refuse to give your citizens alcohol.

This is the way.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"Is plenty of space to drive around. Do not worry."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

A thing that would really change stuff is needing to get your workers back home again after their shifts.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Arven posted:

if it doesn't they'll just ride around on the vehicle until their recreation time is over.

They're just like me fr

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Mandoric posted:

Ah, the famed Soviet cybernetics program.

You're thinking of Frostpunk.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The way roads interact with the terrain in this game is awful. "What, did you want your roads to be smooth? Lol, lmao."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The traffic AI is too dumb to independently figure out roundabouts, you need to give them give-way signs and poo poo

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That's a very pretty bit of pavement! I wish the way you arrange priority roads worked better in this game.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Pretty rad dad pad posted:

look, if Stalin's ghost did not want me to construct weirdly oversized warehouses years in advance of figuring out what to store in them, he would not have possessed some Slovaks and forced them to make this game

e: my sketched-out logistics hub...thing...is now approximately ten times the area of the town it was initially supposed to be serving, which I haven't even started building yet

Trains take up a lot of space, people less so.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Yeah but you make trains, the best form of transport.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I don't like playing with seasons, because the glare from the snow makes it very difficult to plan.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Volmarias posted:

The game is a kinder, gentler dwarf fortress in this way. Expect to start over when you're just starting out, a lot. And don't be afraid to turn things while you get the hang of it.

Zuntîrerok, "Anvilplant". It is a concrete plinth. All craftsovietcitizenship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of aluminium and decorated with wood.
On the item is an image of Vladimir Peaceruler, the sovietcitizen. The sovietcitizen is making a speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

OwlFancier posted:

It's very weird seeing the photos on the loading screen and it turns out that no, the game is apparently a 100% faithful recreation of how it looked. The paths and lawns everywhere is deeply uncanny to my eye.

It's called walkability.

I chuckled sensibly at the bread lines joke.