Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I used to have the same problem when Arrow and Archer were airing at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jerkface posted:

Barry is so fucken good. The absolutely inept replacement for Barry in the beginning just getting unceremoniously popped by the police after shooting himself in the leg was just perfect.

I kinda feel they're laying the groundwork for Barry to have someone dead center in his cross hairs only for him to miss exactly like his replacement did with that guy and the shotgun. The replacement Barry shoots at the dude from less than 10 paces away and manages to completely miss him. Barry not only hit the first guy he killed from 700 yards away, he popped the two guys he was with as well. I'm probably reaching, but I think they set up those two scenes in the premiere to pay off later with Barry missing a high profile and easy mark.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yeah you might be onto something there.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Puts Ryan chanting "Barry Berkman" in Season 1 on new light.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

So happy that this show is back and it's as good as ever. I was wondering if we'd ever see flashbacks of his military service, glad to see we are!

DarkCrawler posted:

Whoa, good catch.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

DarkCrawler posted:

I don't think I follow. Explain?

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't think I follow. Explain?

Barry's buddies chanted his name after he sniped the guys in a similar way to how Ryan Madison did at the bar in the pilot. It doesn't really change anything, but it's a neat tie-in/call-back if intentional.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

El Jeffe posted:

So happy that this show is back and it's as good as ever. I was wondering if we'd ever see flashbacks of his military service, glad to see we are!

That whole flashback scene, and his classmates doing a schlocky interpretation that even Gene rolled his eyes at, was just amazing.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Chokes McGee posted:

I keep clicking on this thread thinking it's the Flash thread.

Well, that's my contribution. Thanks, for listening

Between that show and this one it's really confusing for me since my first name is Barry. It's really disconcerting hearing someone tell me from the other room to start running.

Is this how people named John and Bill or other common names feel, or do you get used to it?

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I was tryna think what I'd seen the cop guy in recently and holy poo poo its Chad from Twin Peaks!

Taxenema
Feb 17, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Man the opening scene was so excellent. I rewatched the first season in the days leading up to the premiere and the transition of the story was completely seamless.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Annabel Pee posted:

I was tryna think what I'd seen the cop guy in recently and holy poo poo its Chad from Twin Peaks!

Fuckin Chad.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

As Nero Danced posted:

Between that show and this one it's really confusing for me since my first name is Barry. It's really disconcerting hearing someone tell me from the other room to start running.

Is this how people named John and Bill or other common names feel, or do you get used to it?

Nope! Normal people know that the characters on TV aren't addressing us directly we know instantly without having to think about it. You should probably see a doctor.

Do you find yourself getting up to check the thermostat when the actors are wearing winter jackets and you can see their breath?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Human Tornada posted:

Nope! Normal people know that the characters on TV aren't addressing us directly we know instantly without having to think about it. You should probably see a doctor.

Do you find yourself getting up to check the thermostat when the actors are wearing winter jackets and you can see their breath?

Obviously if I'm watching a show and a character has the same name I know they're not talking to me.- I'm not five years old. I guess when you hear someone say your name from another room it doesn't get your attention?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I have a moderately uncommon first name (Jordan), and growing up, there were Michael Jordan references with people, despite me being neither tall, athletic, or black.

Now, one of the most famous Jordans is an alt-right poo poo head, and I hate it :negative:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I have a moderately uncommon first name (Jordan), and growing up, there were Michael Jordan references with people, despite me being neither tall, athletic, or black.

Now, one of the most famous Jordans is an alt-right poo poo head, and I hate it :negative:

that's a dilly of a pickle, what ever shall you do?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

that's a dilly of a pickle, what ever shall you do?

Keep on keepin' on, I guess.

At least my parents didn't name me Monroe. :shrug:

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

As Nero Danced posted:

Obviously if I'm watching a show and a character has the same name I know they're not talking to me.- I'm not five years old. I guess when you hear someone say your name from another room it doesn't get your attention?

If there's a TV on in the other room sure it might get my attention for half a second, but I wouldn't find it "really confusing" or "really disconcerting".

Anyways, glad the shows back. I feel like it knows we want Barry (the fictional TV character, not the forums poster) to do something badass but isn't going to give it to us that easily and is better for it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Human Tornada posted:

we want Barry (the fictional TV character, not the forums poster) to do something badass

This got a genuine laugh from me, good job.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Human Tornada posted:

If there's a TV on in the other room sure it might get my attention for half a second, but I wouldn't find it "really confusing" or "really disconcerting".

Anyways, glad the shows back. I feel like it knows we want Barry (the fictional TV character, not the forums poster) to do something badass but isn't going to give it to us that easily and is better for it.

Aw :smith:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Human Tornada posted:

It’s kinda weird but not as weird as how annoyed you’re getting about it

I loved the re-enactment’s of other peoples grief this episode. The divorce one especially was so loving good

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s kinda weird but not as weird as how annoyed you’re getting about it

I loved the re-enactment’s of other peoples grief this episode. The divorce one especially was so loving good

The response to someone eating their twin in the womb and then being born was hilarious.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Gene Cousineau is Twelve Angry Men

Taxenema
Feb 17, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
I keep laughing about how the Chechen mafia guy thought that Barry wanted to be reassured that he was in fact, evil. Also Fuches looking at a picture of Barry and going “Is that a guy? Looks kinda gender liquid to me...”.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Taxenema posted:

I keep laughing about how the Chechen mafia guy thought that Barry wanted to be reassured that he was in fact, evil. Also Fuches looking at a picture of Barry and going “Is that a guy? Looks kinda gender liquid to me...”.

I loved this line.

Also, man... that last moment. Fuches, what have you done?!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Taxenema posted:

I keep laughing about how the Chechen mafia guy thought that Barry wanted to be reassured that he was in fact, evil.

"Absolutely! Do I not tell you that enough? You're like, one of the most evil guys I know!"

It's an obvious bit, but Noho Hank is such a treasure.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I loved this line.

Also, man... that last moment. Fuches, what have you done?!

It's so utterly in-line with everything we've seen him do in the show. There's no other way that could have gone.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Madurai posted:

It's so utterly in-line with everything we've seen him do in the show. There's no other way that could have gone.

I want to say it sucks that they're operation was working so smoothly and now it's all ruined, but we wouldn't really have a show (or at least, we wouldn't have THIS show) without that sort of conflict.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Hank being hungry for Yoshinoya Beef Bowl got a big drat laugh from me. That perfect pause there where you try to guess what he's gonna say and that's the last thing I would have thought of.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Fuches being a weasel who'll throw Barry under the bus literally the first chance he gets if it saves his own skin is 100% in character

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I love how this show manages to surprise the hell out of me. Like, Barry failing in general wasn't too surprising, but the whole sequence of him opening the other door made me laugh so hard.

And Gene Cousineau is Twelve Angry Men is a fantastic poster I want on my wall.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

Fartington Butts posted:

Hank being hungry for Yoshinoya Beef Bowl got a big drat laugh from me. That perfect pause there where you try to guess what he's gonna say and that's the last thing I would have thought of.

The last time Hader hosted SNL, he did a Stefon Weekend Update desk segment and had Mulaney come out as his lawyer.

Mulaney whispered “my girlfriend works at Yoshinoya Beef Bowl” in Hader’s ear and made him break.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

HBO Renews Bill Hader’s ‘Barry’ for Season 3 :woop:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

CaveGrinch posted:

The last time Hader hosted SNL, he did a Stefon Weekend Update desk segment and had Mulaney come out as his lawyer.

Mulaney whispered “my girlfriend works at Yoshinoya Beef Bowl” in Hader’s ear and made him break.

Holy poo poo, I had completely forgotten about this. Nice!

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

loving yes. this show is the best

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Fuches, you rear end in a top hat

I know it's really early to say so, but u hope they don't stretch it beyond season 3.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Wow, Sally is so oblivious and self-centered. It's kind of amazing.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I like this show very much and feel comfortable saying it's the best show currently airing.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Definitely my favorite show on the air, yeah. Great episode tonight. I especially enjoyed how they depicted his writing process for the Konegal stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I was really worried they were gonna pull a Bojack at the end there.