Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
God drat I love this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I binged through this entire show today and it's amazing. This and Veep on the same night is going to give me stomach aches from laughing so much. I really hope Hank doesn't get killed this season, but it's feeling like they're working towards that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I can never tell if he's saying Barry or Buddy.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

NoHo Hank has been amazing this eason. Of course he would have an interpretor there even though everyone speaks English.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

North Hollywood Henry

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Cojawfee posted:

I can never tell if he's saying Barry or Buddy.

Bari

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This felt like kind of a time-filler episode but I still loved it. Hader is just so incredible in the role.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He gonna hit Sam. Gonna hit Sam in the face.

edit:
And Sam is probably gonna straight up say Sally never told him off and ruin her world view.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
This show rules so much.

Hank's reaction to his near-death experience was laugh-out-loud funny. Can't wait to see more.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I hope this isn't some thing where Barry beats the poo poo out of him and then Sam reveals that he came to apologize for abusing Sally and he's since found Jesus and is a good person now so Barry ends up being the bad guy.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Cojawfee posted:

I hope this isn't some thing where Barry beats the poo poo out of him and then Sam reveals that he came to apologize for abusing Sally and he's since found Jesus and is a good person now so Barry ends up being the bad guy.

After he breaks his jaw, it turns out it's a separate Sam, who she just kinda dislikes for benign reasons.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

That rooftop stare-down was some top notch poo poo. And Henry Winkler is actin' it up hard in this episode.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
They did such a good job making a divorce seem petty and trivial.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I'm cynical enough to wonder if "the welts on your neck" that Sally's friend mentioned actually came from Sam.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Here's Henry Winkler having some pizza https://www.instagram.com/tv/Bvxt_aABcOm/

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Lol great plug Winkler.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Selachian posted:

I'm cynical enough to wonder if "the welts on your neck" that Sally's friend mentioned actually came from Sam.

I mean, yeah? What else could that have meant?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Seems a little convenient that her ex-husband would show up after several years at that exact moment when they're talking about him but I'm going to assume they're going to reveal that he's there because her friend that she spoke to on Skype tipped him off so it makes some degree of sense and isn't purely coincidental

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

bbf2 posted:

Seems a little convenient that her ex-husband would show up after several years at that exact moment when they're talking about him but I'm going to assume they're going to reveal that he's there because her friend that she spoke to on Skype tipped him off so it makes some degree of sense and isn't purely coincidental

That's the most likely, but yeah, the welts thing... in real life, I very likely wouldn't be questioning this sort of thing, but in the context of this show, plus that line that she claims she said that she clearly didn't say, I'm wondering if she's trying to build up some sort of survivor story when there's no story to be had. Like she wants the drama, she wants that 'damaged person with a past' life, and tried to construct it herself.

And maybe Barry does something terrible and finds out too late that he's wrong to have done it, and that Sally lied. Who knows? Man, this show is great :allears:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That would be a huge swerve, but after seeing him shoot his buddy in the face last season I can honestly say I have no idea which way they are going to take this.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I think based on everything we know of Sally, she's definitely embellishing that story a lot.

I suspect that Barry will badly hurt, or kill the ex-husband, and then have to deal with learning that Sally had built up the situation in her head a lot.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Season ends with Barry having to kill Sally and the hole gets deeper.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It would probably be an extremely bad look for the show if Sally was making up her entire story

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

North Hollywood Henry: A smarter person really makes the show. His reaction to being held at gunpoint on the roof had me laughing my rear end off, but he did a great job 30 seconds earlier selling the serious "I'm already dead" comment. He was also great in the first episode when he threatened Barry.

I first noticed him in Gotham, he was great on that as well.

He also looked completely different when he had hair:

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 17, 2019

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Dude was pretty good looking and I’m glad he’s gotten work post hair

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't think Sally made it up, but I do think she invented the heroic scenario of leaving him to make herself feel better about what happened. Since they were married, she couldn't just leave, there has to be court stuff. Though if she never actually divorced him and just imagined she did, then wow.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

I don't think Sally made it up, but I do think she invented the heroic scenario of leaving him to make herself feel better about what happened. Since they were married, she couldn't just leave, there has to be court stuff. Though if she never actually divorced him and just imagined she did, then wow.

It’s going to be this.

The inside the episode spot was detailing how everyone has a past and re-writes it to make themselves feel better so Sally not getting divorced and just running away instead is absolutely in line with that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah the heroic kiss off and stuff is obviously made up, but I'm referring to people who think the welts are self inflicted. I'm also guessing they never legally divorced.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

If everyone's just throwing out wild predictions, I'm going to guess she's super happy to see Sam and starts blowing off Barry to hang out with him. ie: It's going to get even darker.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Tokubetsu posted:

Season ends with Barry having to kill Sally and the hole gets deeper.

I told my wife this as she was forcing her fake story on her friend.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

I liked when that one Chechen guy shot the bottles and the others congratulating him mirrored Barry's traumatic experience. I just hope Annie Oakley wasn't disappointed by Barry's cold reaction ;(

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Hank dancing and making the shot guy also dance and him actually doing it was amazing

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It’s “ Noho Hank”? This whole time I thought it was “ No Hold Hank”.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Yup

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

His name is North Hollywood Henry and he is smarter person..

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I love that his ultimate dream is a 50/50 split with Cristobal even after Barry suggests completely taking over.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hank just wants to love and be loved by a good partner and friend.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Cojawfee posted:

I love that his ultimate dream is a 50/50 split with Cristobal even after Barry suggests completely taking over.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hank's general pushing for a positive workspace, and treating his illegal and deadly operation as just any other regular 9-5 job is probably my favourite thing.

I'm just waiting to see a 'hang in there' poster on his wall, and a coffee mug that says something like 'Mondays, am I right?' on his desk or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Now that NoHo Hank dancing is established as a thing, I really hope we get to see him to the floss before the season is over.