Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Also, he ditched her at the airport. The repercussions of a botched airport pickup can be astronomical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Robobot posted:

Also, he ditched her at the airport. The repercussions of a botched airport pickup can be astronomical.

LAX loving sucks, I'd have to really like someone to pick them up at the airport.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Tagichatn posted:

LAX loving sucks, I'd have to really like someone to pick them up at the airport.

I had to drop my wife off there for a flight last month. It took 45 mins to reach the international terminal from the entrance.

Truly an awful place.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

That’s no poo poo. I took my wife to the international terminal a while back, I live in the valley, and this was at like 9 PM on a weekday we left the house. It was a good hour and a half from the time we left the house to the time I got her to the terminal.

Tomorrow night her flight arrives, at 7:50 PM, at terminal B. That’s going to be a rough drive to get there.

Anyone who flies here I try to encourage to fly into Burbank. Getting in and out of there is pleasant compared to what you have to deal with driving 405 to LAX.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah and sometimes a plane will land on your car because they lost their landing gear and you have to drive the plane to safety

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
It’s probably all those planes on cars that are adding to the traffic.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

She coulda taken the flyaway to union station and taken the red line to genes. Total cost for her and child 20 dollars. Gene knows a cheap lazy rear end when he sees one

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

That DICK! posted:

She coulda taken the flyaway to union station and taken the red line to genes. Total cost for her and child 20 dollars. Gene knows a cheap lazy rear end when he sees one

Could she? I don’t know where Everwood & Steiner was supposed to be, but it gives me west side vibes. Mar Vista or something.

That DICK! posted:

Did they offer any explanation as to why sally wouldn’t have told police the truth about gene? Seems kinda hosed to just leave em in jail.

She’s probably pretty concerned about getting in trouble as Barry’s accomplice, or as a murderer that one time. I’d guess she didn’t want to rock the boat for her own self-preservation.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I thought genes place was Sherman oaks adjacent which would make sense as a lot of the show is set in north Hollywood/studio city but I could totally be wrong

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Which also wouldn’t be on the red line. That’d probably be for the best, though. The LA Metro is full of fentanyl zombies these days, it’s pretty unpleasant to try and use.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Well it gets her close :gerty: though I just remembered flyaway goes to van Nuys. Flyaway folks…. It’s a game changer

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

AlternateAccount posted:

The answer is 100% absolutely yes. Wow. Sold. Add to cart.

Coxswain Balls posted:

Oh man, I just noticed the Chinese subtitles when the Chechens are talking in the movie because they're watching a bootleg rip. I love their attention to detail.

Also it was just a file called MC.mov or whatever.

Starting to think the show could have benefited from doing the BB/BCS 'longer final season but 2 parts' thing. Say 5/5 for Barry. They could have let things breathe a bit, done the time skip between parts 1 and 2 and not blazed through the conclusion so much. Still pretty much stuck the landing, but could have been better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOPHorPkiTw

e:

Robobot posted:

Tagichatn posted:

Their marriage was all but a sham, they probably weren't ready for that level of commitment. That's like one level below helping someone move:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0siRMEEY8rc

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jun 1, 2023

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

i just wrote off any pacing issues as Hader opting to wrap it up in 4 seasons to beat the writer's strike. after S3 he was still saying the plans was for 5 seasons, then at some point it changed to 4 being the last one. figured he just saw the writing on the wall and condensed what he had

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MrMojok posted:

Anyone who flies here I try to encourage to fly into *******. Getting in and out of there is pleasant compared to what you have to deal with driving 405 to LAX.

Why are you trying to ruin this by posting about it on a public forum

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Mandrel posted:

i just wrote off any pacing issues as Hader opting to wrap it up in 4 seasons to beat the writer's strike. after S3 he was still saying the plans was for 5 seasons, then at some point it changed to 4 being the last one. figured he just saw the writing on the wall and condensed what he had

Thats what the whole season 4 felt like. Not that he was rushing but because he was like whelp no need to pad this out anymore lets just get to the ending. All the acting was great but the scenes and conclusions jumped to through dialogue felt rushed/half thought out to get to the finale.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
Getting some real The Californians vibes from this page

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Mandrel posted:

Not the writer's strike, but Zaslav imo - maybe he wanted to haul rear end before Dumbass in Chief decided to write them off next for those sweet tax savings

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Stayne Falls posted:

Lmao I was thinking this too

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Stayne Falls posted:

LOL, absolutely

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
MrMojok?! Wheeeeeerrrrterrrrrryooodoingeeeeeere?!

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Get back on the 405 North and take the exit for Mulholland where you belong!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Stay off the 10 man!

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

In the revised Jim Moss version of events, Gene somehow got the Chechens to bankroll his acting class and Ryan found out so he had Ryan whacked? Then who ordered Barry to shoot the Chechens in the car? And if Gene's behind it all why would he then go on to date the detective investigating the killings?

Also I'm having trouble reconciling "Struggling With Loaf of Bread" Gene with the Gene who was making gourmet steaks for everyone at the cabin in the S1 finale.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dick Jones posted:

In the revised Jim Moss version of events, Gene somehow got the Chechens to bankroll his acting class and Ryan found out so he had Ryan whacked? Then who ordered Barry to shoot the Chechens in the car? And if Gene's behind it all why would he then go on to date the detective investigating the killings?

Also I'm having trouble reconciling "Struggling With Loaf of Bread" Gene with the Gene who was making gourmet steaks for everyone at the cabin in the S1 finale.

I think the theory was Gene was mixed up in their drug (?) business. He dated Janice to get the inside scoop on the investigation.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Dick Jones posted:

Lipstick camera guy would have remained an unsolved mystery after Loach died. There are enough unconnected dots for the film-makers to fill in the blanks however they wanted, as we saw.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Mastermind secretly dating a lead cop is a classic plot twist. I once read two Jeffery Deaver novels in a row with that twist

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Barry got what he deserved. Full honors.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

You think Sally's doing Fun Runs in his honor? Seems like the right thing to do imo.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Just thought of something and it’s probably been brought up in the thread before, but from Gene’s lawyer’s POV he saw Gene coldly walk out of his room and shoot Barry twice as soon as he said he was going to the cops.

That probably didn’t do Gene any favors in disproving their criminal mastermind theory.

Edit:
Also just rewatched season 1 (to see if there were any call backs and things I was missing for the ending) and comparing season one’s finale to the series finale is pretty jarring. The ending is fine, but that season one conclusion was perfectly written and shot.

Robobot fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 4, 2023

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I miss this show already.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Stephen Root is like 71 years old, dang.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GolfHole posted:

Stephen Root is like 71 years old, dang.
I had no idea it was the same guy either holy poo poo

https://i.imgur.com/sEoCSG3.mp4

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 6, 2023

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Reading a Hollywood Reporter interview with Sarah Goldberg, she mentioned a possible storyline with Noho Hank:

quote:

I was so excited. We’ve become such good friends over the years, and we never get to work together. I think there was a pitch in season two where Hank and Sally were supposed to go to the same Pilates class, then they were always talking or complaining about “my Barry,” [not knowing] it’s the same Barry, but I think it ended up being a dead end.

Sally and Hank in Pilates would have been amazing.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its sad that barry couldnt find redemption OR become a good actor

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Stairmaster posted:

its sad that barry couldnt find redemption OR become a good actor

Yeah, but he got to be married and have a kid with the woman of his dreams! Silver linings and all that.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MY LORD!

THE QUEEN

IS DEAD

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

mobby_6kl posted:

I had no idea it was the same guy either holy poo poo

https://i.imgur.com/sEoCSG3.mp4

His first credited role was 35 years ago, appearing as DEA Agent (Toilet).

He was a pretty good Klingon too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ruddiger posted:

MY LORD!

THE QUEEN

IS DEAD

Slinks back into the shadows like Gary Oldman's Francis Ford Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Robobot posted:

Yeah, but he got to be married and have a kid with the woman of his dreams! Silver linings and all that.

I also like their turn to televangelism and how much Barry and Sally were into it and got their kid into it. Then, barry is just christian podcast flipping till he finds Bill Burr as the hockey enforcer saying using violence was ok

people become born-again christians instead of facing their problems and use religion to justify their actions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I watched the first three seasons all in a row last year, loved every minute. Rewatched em before binging season 4 the other day. Season 4 definitely feels very different, but I thought it all worked. Great show, great ending. NoHo Hank is such a great character.