Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
"Well I'll tell you one thing: if we lose it certainly won't be for lack of touching people in a Denny's."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
'let's hire him on the campaign'

'you killed him in a drone strike'

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I've caught a few random episodes over the last monthish but didn't they do a variant on "college educated's not really a thing here" before?

e: Oh I think it was last weeks' preview lmao

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 22, 2019

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Oh drat they're doing the Russian (Chinese) adoption meetings from the worst show I've ever seen, reality.

E: well my as I was watching commentary seems a little obvious now.

Gary is Carter Page, huh?

Grem fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Apr 22, 2019

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
TV IV › VEEP: God gently caress America! No more math!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

ok this one is pretty on the nose, lol

jonah's the speeches

selena's the crimes

This episode was a stark illustration of how reality has outpaced this show. The Chinese collusion seems like something the Veep crew absolutely would have come up with themselves, especially with Selina unofficially accepting the deal on a whim in the middle of an unrelated press conference. A few years ago it would have blended into the show perfectly. But with the Mueller Report just being released, I thought the same thing -- this is a little on the nose. I like watching my comedy presidential candidate getting into their own inept fuckups, but it's a little less fun when they're doing the same inept fuckups that our real life comedy president got up to.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Selina is going to go into the convention thinking she has it in the bag and then Mike and Dan are going to bring her down and she has to give her delegates away. She hates everyone at this point and hands them off to Jonah Ryan as a gently caress you to the other candidates, is exonerated at the last minute, and takes the Veep slot.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

On the same note, I've been watching Black Mirror for the first time and got to the Waldo episode, and said the same thing: "This is a little on the nose", especially when the serious MP candidate calls him out during the debate.

Then I looked it up and saw that it came out in 2013.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Atlas Hugged posted:

Selina is going to go into the convention thinking she has it in the bag and then Mike and Dan are going to bring her down and she has to give her delegates away. She hates everyone at this point and hands them off to Jonah Ryan as a gently caress you to the other candidates, is exonerated at the last minute, and takes the Veep slot.

That would be the perfect ending.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I fully expect the final joke to be a “Did the president call?”

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

"He just hosed me in the rear end and he screwed me too!"

"I'm going to go hang myself and I'm not even going to jack off first."

"This is Eric Bill Erickson"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not even reading the thread yet, just started the episode and got to Jonahs Uncle cackling and wanted to be a part of it

god drat he is the loving best, perfectly utilised

EDIT: oh my god Splett is going to Mr. Magoo himself into the whitehouse

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 22, 2019

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Popelmon posted:

TV IV › VEEP: God gently caress America! No more math!
This whole scene was pretty brilliant, w Amy's realization that in America 2019 it's possible to yellow brick road this insanity straight to the Oval Office.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'm calling it. Richard is going to somehow become President.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

1glitch0 posted:

I'm calling it. Richard is going to somehow become President.

Good for him. He's a nice person and a national hero.

I want to see a debate between Jonah and Splett now!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

cant cook creole bream posted:

Good for him. He's a nice person and a national hero.

I want to see a debate between Jonah and Splett now!

"I won't answer that question about healthcare because the moderator looks like a dog! Am I right!? She's a total dog! I don't answer questions from ugly women."

"Actually, if I may interject, I respect all women despite their attractiveness, and the previous Mayor of my town was a dog and a very brave dog who once helped a firefighter crew pull an elderly woman out of her burning home. in fact my Godmother was a dog, it's a complicated story, but..."

"Come on!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jonah will be the president and Richard will be his Chief of Staff, leading to Jonah being remembered as the greatest sitting president since Lincoln. Just full on Animal House ending.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I love how LET'S TALK ABOUT SPLETT reads like the work of a very innocent and earnest twelve year old.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Atlas Hugged posted:

This is definitely plausible

I am more invested in how this show ends than I am GoT lol

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Spacebump posted:

I still firmly believe the only way this season ends is with Jonah as POTUS and Selena as VEEP.
I think Jonah just had his big moment and from now on will just keep shouting the dumbest and most bigoted poo poo and just keep winning so much we'll be tired of all the winning.

quote:

This season would have seemed absurd pre-2016.

I think they used a 7/11 just to say "hero of 7/11."

https://twitter.com/Walldo/status/722213387128549376

There's no way this is a coincidence, right?

It was a great setup and joke but I have to say I was hoping they'd stay a bit further from reality. Every show and comedian has been dunking on Trump constantly for two years and this poo poo is everywhere. It'd be nice to have some more fictional fuckups instead.

PS. JINA IS A HOAX. NO COLLUSION!!

E: Literally just saw that Iannucci's going to do a sci-fi show with Hugh Laurie :suspense:
https://news.avclub.com/hbo-gives-series-order-to-armando-iannuccis-sci-fi-show-1834226857

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 23, 2019

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah, this didn't work for me. Last season they really sidestepped having to deal with reality with the whole post-presidency thing (which I loved).

But veering so heavily into Trump-land just feels lazy and a little too neat. I do like the idea of Selina giving her delegates to Jonah as a final gently caress you to the party; that's a great ending regardless if it comes to pass.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
The Thick of It is on Amazon. Should I watch it?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

clown shoes posted:

What, you got better things to do? There finally an opening down at the truck stop glory hole, pal???

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

precision posted:

What, you got better things to do? There finally an opening down at the truck stop glory hole, pal???

Of course there's an opening. It's his day off

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

clown shoes posted:

Yes but I recommend subtitles

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

precision posted:

i mean i'm dying so not really

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

clown shoes posted:

Holy poo poo, yes, watch it now.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I'm digging glammed up amy at the end... oooOOOooOohhh yeahhhhh.

That was sorta a shock to have Dan dropped at the end. Even more shocking he was in bed with Selina just prior to that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

moolchaba posted:

I'm digging glammed up amy at the end... oooOOOooOohhh yeahhhhh.

That was sorta a shock to have Dan dropped at the end. Even more shocking he was in bed with Selina just prior to that.

Yeah that seemed kind of random and a little shark-jumpy tbh

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Henchman of Santa posted:

I bet he’s going to end up working with Amy.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
It's not even the first time he's been fired by Selina right? I thought it fit together well enough from the sudden victory, the balloons, to Selina's new attitude of just doing whatever the gently caress she wanted. Obviously this has been her attitude all along, but at least now she's being honest about it.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

mobby_6kl posted:

E: Literally just saw that Iannucci's going to do a sci-fi show with Hugh Laurie :suspense:
https://news.avclub.com/hbo-gives-series-order-to-armando-iannuccis-sci-fi-show-1834226857

I am hype for this. A modern day Red Dwarf written by Iannucci has potential to be amazing.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Eh Selina loves sex after a big victory and her pool isn't that big. Her immediately regretting it and ending a years long work relationship is pretty in line with her.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Totally worth it though!

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I don't think she regretted loving Dan at all. I think she was done with Dan and decided to gently caress him.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

clown shoes posted:

I don't think she regretted loving Dan at all. I think she was done with Dan and decided to gently caress him.

That makes sense too. Him being so proud of getting the balloons right could have been a "I'm done with this guy" moment.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
No I meant it for Dan!

But there's no reason it couldn't be a mutually beneficial outcome.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Atlas Hugged posted:

It's not even the first time he's been fired by Selina right? I thought it fit together well enough from the sudden victory, the balloons, to Selina's new attitude of just doing whatever the gently caress she wanted. Obviously this has been her attitude all along, but at least now she's being honest about it.

Yeah technically he's been fired by her a few times. I think it was more that in her mind now she doesn't need a campaign manager now because she has China.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Reality surpassed Veep in terms of lunacy so Veep had to dial it up to 12. A much more cartoony show for a much more cartoony reality.

I love that every person on this show is just a completely inhuman monster. Selina has gone full supervillain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

MokBa posted:

Reality surpassed Veep in terms of lunacy so Veep had to dial it up to 12. A much more cartoony show for a much more cartoony reality.

I love that every person on this show is just a completely inhuman monster. Selina has gone full supervillain.

They have always been completely inhuman monsters.