Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

kanonvandekempen posted:

If only he was like 10% less black!

Uncle Jeff probably wasn't thinking about the harrowing events of 7/11 when he said that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"I'm so black people are gonna start calling me articulate!"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

"'Droned a wedding' is American slang for 'Nailed it!'"

edit: this season really feels like they're trying to get everything in for one last season (Asylum at an embassy, anti-vaccine jokes, election meddling, wedding drones) but i feel like I'm guffawing about every 45 seconds so it's worth it

edit 2: oh my god MMQBing wedding drone footage might be the darkest thing this show has ever done

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 6, 2019

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
This was a fun episode.

The menu has been an atrocity. The guests are vegan and the President won't eat anything without a face.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014
This season is a wild ride and I'm here for it.

Little disappointed Jonah was gung-ho for those banana pancakes, when it was clearly established in S1 that he is fructose intolerant
:goonsay:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Tomato tuhmahto :stare:

e: omg.

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 6, 2019

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Chuck McGill became governor. Good for him.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Batmasterson posted:

I have been under the assumption that Jonah is going to end up with the Presidency since episode 1 this season, but after this last episode I feel like Richard is a dark horse candidate as he keeps falling up in to bigger positions.

If you were 10% less black I could make you president.

I am rock hard for you right now. I mean it, feel my dick.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dan accidentally hitting on Amy lmao

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
So her ex husband faked his death and got a dye job? She did a double take in the car seeing him on the street towards the end but it wasn't addressed later in the episode. Witness protection maybe?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Seems so weird that the next episode is the finale and there is so much left up in the air.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I was honestly expecting Selina having to live in her personal hell in asylum spa inside the Finnish embassy like Assange for decades to come until Minna completely cracks her.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Emerson Cod posted:

So her ex husband faked his death and got a dye job? She did a double take in the car seeing him on the street towards the end but it wasn't addressed later in the episode. Witness protection maybe?

Yeah that's the Implication

And my god Minna is the greatest character ever

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I didn't catch what Minna said (in quasi-Finnish) when she looked inside the fridge but the other girl (in perfect Finnish) said "The american war criminal ate it all." Despite Sally Phillips not quite nailing the Finnish (honestly, not blaming her at all, she does admirably well), her general attitude hits home to me a lot. The bow was out of place though, we don't do that.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Stare-Out posted:

I was honestly expecting Selina having to live in her personal hell in asylum spa inside the Finnish embassy like Assange for decades to come until Minna completely cracks her.

I'm now going to be disappointed in any ending that isn't this with Selina somehow winning the nomination and not being able to do anything about it.

I can see Richard falling rear end backwards into this presidency.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Shneak posted:

I'm now going to be disappointed in any ending that isn't this with Selina somehow winning the nomination and not being able to do anything about it.

I can see Richard falling rear end backwards into this presidency.

It seemed like a throwaway, but one of the reporters asked him how it felt to be a super delegate now. He's going to be the tiebreaker somehow. Or he accidentally votes for himself at the convention, and in a second round of voting he gets enough for the nomination.

I could see people not wanting to vote for Selina or Jonah, voting for him as a spite vote and it snowballs.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah Richard is definitely going to be the deciding vote of the election

I wonder if somehow the Mormon goober will win

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I think Richard is gonna end up as President and the last line is Selina as VP asking "Did the President call?" "No".

But yeah, they have a lot of ground to cover in one episode.

Also, I find it hilarious how much Jonah looks like an emaciated Kane from WWE.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

I enjoyed the implication that if Jonah (Airhorn: TRUMP) just had a caring father figure in his life he'd lay off the hateful rhetoric.

I mean, it's probably just wishful thinking, but drat that was still a straight burn if I've ever seen one.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

This. This is how you do a final season, HBO, it’s so good. It’s all on point.

Tell your GoT writers.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

pmchem posted:

This. This is how you do a final season, HBO, it’s so good. It’s all on point.

Tell your GoT writers.

The premier was so funny I started watching old episodes

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Amy's face during that last wheezing uncle scene at the funeral. So good. Love how they keep bringing Dan around and hinting that Amy and Dan will end up together and then Dan crushes her over and over.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jonah's uncle played one of the McCain campaign managers in Game Change, lmao

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

No Wave posted:

Amy's face during that last wheezing uncle scene at the funeral. So good. Love how they keep bringing Dan around and hinting that Amy and Dan will end up together and then Dan crushes her over and over.

Dan hitting on Amy from behind then recoiling when he saw it was her so funny. Dan is a shallow rear end in a top hat, but that was like the epitome of "it's not about your body or looks, it's about YOU".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Amy and Dan are both horrible people but I would also totally date either of them

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I want them to date each other just so that we contain whatever it is that makes them them.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

precision posted:

Jonah's uncle played one of the McCain campaign managers in Game Change, lmao

I also distinctly remember him being not funny in Ghostbusters 2, which means he's either learned a lot since then or he was criminally misused in that movie, because he's easily the only one on the show who's had me spring tears in my eyes from laughter multiple times.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Peter MacNicol is one of the only good things about Ghostbusters II.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

No Wave posted:

I've always thought it was one of the few things that didn't really seem true to the character. She's a stress addict and too tightly wound to be a very sexual person, and she knows firsthand what an unbelievable slimeball and womanizer he is. So why is Amy always pining for Dan? The charming sleaze that he puts on to pick up women is an act that she saw through years ago.

I mean, it's given us some loving funny bits, it just doesn't ring true.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Maybe it's because part of her wishes she could be like her sister?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Phenotype posted:

I've always thought it was one of the few things that didn't really seem true to the character. She's a stress addict and too tightly wound to be a very sexual person, and she knows firsthand what an unbelievable slimeball and womanizer he is. So why is Amy always pining for Dan? The charming sleaze that he puts on to pick up women is an act that she saw through years ago.

what other guys does Amy know? she's been at work all day for the past 8 years.

It coming up so much this season is a bit of earned meta humor about the show ending though.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 7, 2019

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

clown shoes posted:

Peter MacNicol is one of the only good things about Ghostbusters II.

Command me lord!

Veep has actually been really awesome at pulling in some great character actors that I mostly recognize from movies in the 80s and 90s, like the Noah's Arcade guy from Wayne's World and Ben being part of the Mayor's staff from Ghostbusters 2.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

DrNutt posted:

Noah's Arcade guy from Wayne's World

That's Brian Doyle-Murray you uncultured swine.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Phenotype posted:

It makes sense to me. They're both dirt bags, and been through a lot together, and she HAS seen through his act so she's probably always thinking if she can get him to be 10% less of a slimeball things would be perfect.

No Wave posted:

what other guys does Amy know? she's been at work all day for the past 8 years.

It coming up so much this season is a bit of earned meta humor about the show ending though.

This too. Her options are basically Dan or Gary.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

1glitch0 posted:

This too. Her options are basically Dan or Gary.

Or Kent. Kent gets around. He totally banged Sue.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I forgot all about sue. Idk if I even liked this show before season 6.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

"We were in as soon as someone on your staff clicked on bound and gagged asians."
"Damnit Ben.. or Kent... or Gary.. pretty much anyone.. Marjorie?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Kent: Amy, would you like to grab a drink some time
Amy: Gross, you remind me of my dad!
:geno: I've... heard that before.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I haven't been feeling the Selina stuff this season, but god Jonah's insanity is the only attempt to parody the alt-right that I've ever seen that actually works. And Richard's meteoric rise to being the compromise candidate at a contested convention is also hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I got chills when they said Jonah caused a chicken pox outbreak considering some idiot possibly infected a bunch of people with measles in Los Angeles recently when they felt that seeing the new Avengers movie was more important than not exposing people to their illness.