Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the phone was out of focus people, the ringing would have been unnoticeable. The only correct option was to have a tack sharp phone screen floating in a sea of out of focus foreground. we have no other way of knowing a phone is going off, come on.

EDIT: Marjorie pointing out Splett was wearing a Jonah button on the dl

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol a plot point from episode 1 was using mass shootings to further your political career and actually celebrating one happening to take the focus off of you

But the abortion stuff is tasteless, HBO you have gone TOO FAR!! jfc

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not even reading the thread yet, just started the episode and got to Jonahs Uncle cackling and wanted to be a part of it

god drat he is the loving best, perfectly utilised

EDIT: oh my god Splett is going to Mr. Magoo himself into the whitehouse

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 22, 2019

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Orange Devil posted:

Jonah's uncle is legitimately killing it in every loving scene he is in.

the loving wheezy cackle before you realize hes standing there

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

El Jeffe posted:

Sam Richardson (Richard Splett) is in some of the sketches in the Netflix show I Think You Should Leave. It's not for everyone but I figured at least some people ITT might be interested.

just finished watching it, strange to hear him swear

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the aged characters were so god drat funny. the insult guy being pushed around in the wheelchair by the man who, if karma were real, should looooong be dead. But he's the one walking. So good.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Its funny if Jonah made it to the presidency unmentioned, but its funnier imo if he was impeached as VP.

what the gently caress would he have to do, in that known worthless, toothless position, to earn that? That's the spinoff baby.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Selina never truly appreciating Gary was the saddest thing, especially when you see Furlong pushing Will around in a wheelchair in the last episode. Those two have the most toxic goddamn relationship I've ever seen on TV but it's Roger who is pushing Will, he didn't abandon him because that would have taken a bit of effort. That's the sort of character development I'm looking for, but I was looking for it in Game of Thrones, not the loving VEEP finale. Good show. We did not deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rofl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9jXnycH-E&t=153s