Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
We've had two solid gold episodes in a row. This season is going to be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I was crying I was laughing so hard this episode.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Selina is going to go into the convention thinking she has it in the bag and then Mike and Dan are going to bring her down and she has to give her delegates away. She hates everyone at this point and hands them off to Jonah Ryan as a gently caress you to the other candidates, is exonerated at the last minute, and takes the Veep slot.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
It's not even the first time he's been fired by Selina right? I thought it fit together well enough from the sudden victory, the balloons, to Selina's new attitude of just doing whatever the gently caress she wanted. Obviously this has been her attitude all along, but at least now she's being honest about it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
That episode was amazing and I am really impressed by the parallels and themes of family running between the different groups. You have the monster who created the perfect flawed daughter, the mother by proxy, the mother who genuinely loves the monster she created, a father no one notices, and a father lost at sea to name a few. The writing on this show is very different than in the early seasons, but it's still a treat.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Solice Kirsk posted:

We're all just ignoring he's from Canada and can't be president right?

Interesting tidbit, this may not actually be how it works. We don't know because it's never been challenged in the courts, but plenty of Americans not born in the United States have run for president (George Romney, Ted Cruz).

The wording of the constitution is "a natural born citizen" and what it means to be natural born has never been ruled on. Most constitutional law experts think it means "if at the time of your birth you were American, you qualify". This means that the only requirement is that you have a parent eligible to pass on their citizenship and the place of your birth doesn't matter. So long as one of Jonah's parents were American citizens eligible to pass on their citizenship, he's fine (in theory).

To be eligible, one requirement is that you lived in the United States for five years after your 13th birthday. So currently, my son is a natural born American citizen (in theory) who cannot transfer his citizenship as he's never lived in the United States.

*apologies if I have minor details incorrect, the general principles are all true though

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I am still laughing that Jonah and his wife are half-siblings AND third cousins. That kid is going to be Charles II.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
It would be weird for Richard to end up with the presidency just because it doesn't fit the shows reality or our reality. Nice dudes who mean well do not end up as president. Plus, he's not going to have any delegates going into the primary.

Part of me assumes that "Richard" has always been an act though and we'll discover he's the schemeist schemer of them all.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I want them to date each other just so that we contain whatever it is that makes them them.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
All I know about football is that Leicester was owned by a seedy Thai businessman who crashed his helicopter onto the pitch after a game killing himself and his mistress...

...a couple of months ago.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I guess I read it as Amy thinking that Jonah could get the nomination, which would be great for her career, but not win the presidency (great for everyone else), but at that moment she realized that with Selena at the top of the ticket he actually would end up in the White House. And she was right, he did. Fortunately Selena held onto the position for the whole term and he was impeached somewhere in there. But hey first and only ever VP to be impeached. That'll put him in the history books forever.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I always assumed he'd spend his retirement working to restore the monarchy of Hawaii.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Baudolino posted:

They never said when he was impeached. The show ends 24 years after Meyer had been reinstalled as president.

I just assumed he got impeached while he was VP and that he never was president because the world surely couldn't be that terrible of a place. Right. Right???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

DC Murderverse posted:

It’s just him and Spiro Agnew.

Agnew at least had the courtesy to resign.