Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I'm sure the abortion scene is going to upset a good chunk of the viewing demographic. I didn't find the segment funny enough to really justify showing as much as they did. That said, nothing has ever been sacred on this show.

"Last thing I need is my picture taken eating dick-shaped food. I'd rather rather eat a food-shaped dick."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

zwdzk posted:

Anyway, I think the writing of the new incarnation of VEEP is mediocre, and I'd be interested to hear if you agree or not and why you think that might or might not be.

I agree. First two episodes were pretty good, but this one was just out of whack. Still fun to watch overall.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

lol a plot point from episode 1 was using mass shootings to further your political career and actually celebrating one happening to take the focus off of you

But the abortion stuff is tasteless, HBO you have gone TOO FAR!! jfc

They've joked about abortion before, but they've never gotten as up close and personal by going inside the clinic and showing the procedure prep.

Concerning the mass shooting joke, If they had cut away and shown a shooter loading his guns or being arrested with dead bodies all around him, that wouldn't have been very funny.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I'm digging glammed up amy at the end... oooOOOooOohhh yeahhhhh.

That was sorta a shock to have Dan dropped at the end. Even more shocking he was in bed with Selina just prior to that.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I didn't really care for this episode. It sorta fell flat for me.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Maybe your parents are second cousins, because this was a very strong episode, in my obviously correct opinion.

STEP SISTER

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
This was a fun episode.

The menu has been an atrocity. The guests are vegan and the President won't eat anything without a face.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
"Now let's talk turkey, Governor. "

"Oh, wonderful pets."

So sad for Gary at the end. But I'm glad it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
White male. Type II diabetes... also type I.