Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just binged through this entire show beginning to end.

I was going to say a bunch of pithy things about the 7th season's hard wheel-jerk turn into ripped-from-the-headlines politics gags (the toddler bushwacking into the office where Mike was giving a livestream got a bigger laugh from me than even Jonah's KILL 'EM rallies), but clearly all that and more has been amply covered already. That Vulture article is the best and most timely capper I've ever run across, god drat.

Seconding the observation about all the 80s/90s character actors showing up out of nowhere, like holy poo poo Peter MacNicol. The one who really got me out of the blue was Wendy/Kathy Najimy, who I last saw in Sister Act belting out a glass-shattering soprano.

What a fuckin show. Had no idea what I should have been expecting, but it really overdelivered.

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Phenotype posted:

Minna episodes are always some of their best. That character just plays off of Selina perfectly, she's so forthright and good-natured and the entire time Selina is just barely stopping herself from telling Minna to shut the gently caress up. JLD is just fantastic with those tortured facial expressions. I just watched the episode where Stephen Fry is Minna's lover who had been poisoned by a political rival, and there's this fantastic scene where Minna tells Selina about how the poison also engorged his penis and changed the texture as well, which makes it great for a vaginal orgasm, and do you prefer a vaginal or a clitoral orgasm, Selina? and JLD's barely-contained dread is just fantastic.

Also just had to comment on this, because I keep thinking about how Minna pronounced “penis” and how that is now the way I will always hear BENIS :-DDDDDDD in my head from now on.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh and I wanted to shout out one of my favorite running gags and its payoff, which was Selina and Gary spending like 2 seasons determinedly referring to her mental health clinic stay as a "spa"; and then at the very end when Minna gets her into the embassy and prompts her to formally request asylum, Gary leans in: "spaaaa"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

God they look like they had fun.