Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

quote:

Veep is an American political satire comedy television series, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus, that premiered on HBO on April 22, 2012. The series was created by Scottish writer Armando Iannucci as an adaptation of his British sitcom The Thick of It. Veep is set in the office of Selina Meyer, a fictional vice president (and, later, president) of the United States. The series follows Meyer and her team as they attempt to make their mark and leave a legacy without getting tripped up in the day-to-day political games that define the American government.

It’s the final season, everyone! Last season ended with a less than stable Selina deciding to have one last go at the presidency. She has her usual group of people behind her, aside from Mike who is now working as a reporter for some buzzfeedy website and Richard is pulling double duty for both Selina and Jonah, who is also running along with Amy’s ex Buddy Calhoun and Tom James, Selina’s former running mate/lover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

He’s going back to his 90’s look. Also, drat, mass shooting jokes in this episode. Loving it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I do think the Iannucci years (seasons 1-4) were the best because he has such a strong input and the jokes were consistently super fierce and on point and the tempo was fast for a US show to the point that when Mandel took over as showrunner I was a little nervous but fortunately it's been high quality and the difference isn't all that noticeable. I guess another way to put it would be that the first four seasons were closest to The Thick of It than the rest has been but I do agree that this is one of the very few comedies that's been consistently funny throughout its run. I do feel that Iannucci focused more on the politics while Mandel focuses more on the characters, but with characters this good, it's hard to go wrong with that.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

"Have a good weepy slide down the shower wall this evening." Gold.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I was honestly expecting Selina having to live in her personal hell in asylum spa inside the Finnish embassy like Assange for decades to come until Minna completely cracks her.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I didn't catch what Minna said (in quasi-Finnish) when she looked inside the fridge but the other girl (in perfect Finnish) said "The american war criminal ate it all." Despite Sally Phillips not quite nailing the Finnish (honestly, not blaming her at all, she does admirably well), her general attitude hits home to me a lot. The bow was out of place though, we don't do that.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Glory, gloryhole-a-lujah. That was a pretty good finale though I'm not sure why Amy suddenly flipped after going nuts for Jonah winning and then suddenly begging Selina to not give him VP.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Kent flipping out felt weird to me, it came across as one of those finale moments where you for some reason have to have something radical for every character, and what made Kent's character work for me was that he was this immovable, monotone object that acted as a stark contrast to just about every other character (though Marjorie encroached on that a bit, and also had a freakout moment) which is why his freakout was a bit of a miss for me, as was his being in a biker gang last (?) season, it felt a bit too zany. Shame he didn't get one more moment with Sue though.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's a miracle; a gag reel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29B7A7_h1Wg

Season 5 only unfortunately but I'll take it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Season 6 gag reel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io9jXnycH-E

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

"unfortunately"? season 5 is like, the best season.

well, 4 and 5 together anyways. those two are the best.

Unfortunately as in it was the only gag reel at the time. So here's season 7 too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc3zgGzRJK4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Resurrecting this motherfucker because like many famous people, Julia Louis-Dreyfus did an online thing with Tony Hale (Gary) talking about the VEEP pilot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7CKfAnegGM

She's doing another one in two hours with Tim Simons (Jonah) about the Season 1 finale!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTIwRIiD5P4