Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Selena's campaign website is up. I'm not gonna put everything here because it's worth exploring for yourself but I think that whoever wrote these paragraphs is probably gonna be hired by Howard Schultz in the next week:

In Selina's Words posted:

My father used to say that the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. I took that step when I decided to seek the presidency once again. “Why?” my friends and family asked. “Why?” some of my closest advisors and colleagues asked. “Why?” they wanted to know, “Why? Would you put yourself through that again?”

Well, this isn’t about me.

This is about my country and, right now, my country needs me more than ever. This is about patriotism and public service. And this is about a little girl who is crying herself to sleep right now somewhere in this great country of ours because she doesn’t have enough to eat and her clothes are dirty.

Much hard work lies ahead. There will be good days and bad; great days and terrible ones. There will be successes; there will be setbacks. (And, hopefully, there will be some lucky breaks!) And there will be sacrifice, endless, bottomless sacrifice. Jesus Christ came to our planet to teach us all the importance of sacrifice. He showed us that, if we want to be like Him, we must sacrifice. No one likes to make sacrifices. Frankly, I think most of us would rather take a bubble bath. But sacrifice is called for and now sacrifice we must.

I say “we.” That’s because I can’t take the next step without your help. The road to the White House can be a very lonely road indeed. Won’t you join me on my journey? Won’t you take the next step on the long and lonely road with me? I could really use the company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

"I'm eating so much pussy I'm making GBS threads clits, son"

quite possibly the funniest 15 seconds in television history (not just the line but his uncle's immediate reaction and the pan out to reveal a loving elementary school classroom)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

god I love Tom James, he's such a sociopath, like every other politician on this show is obviously phony but James' phoniness is so much more sincere

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

it is deeply weird to see University of Iowa stuff in this show. like they're in iowa for a reason but it's still surreal

edit: i'm amazed that they found a woman that totally makes sense being married to and attracted to Jonah.

edit2: i thought the jonah plot from the last episode was kind lame but holy drat poo poo he is on fire this time

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 15, 2019

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

moolchaba posted:

They've joked about abortion before, but they've never gotten as up close and personal by going inside the clinic and showing the procedure prep.

Concerning the mass shooting joke, If they had cut away and shown a shooter loading his guns or being arrested with dead bodies all around him, that wouldn't have been very funny.

there's a huge difference between showing a bunch of dead people in a tragedy and showing the inside of a doctor's clinic where abortions take place. A mass shooting is never not a tragedy, but most abortions are just routine medical procedures, and granting them a level of "oh how sad" any more than any other medical procedure is playing into the pro-life agenda

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

there are definitely no 7/11s in Iowa, should have been a Casey's.

i mean, or Kum-n-Go but people not already aware might think that name is a joke

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Spacebump posted:

I think they used a 7/11 just to say "hero of 7/11."

tell me you couldn't get a good Dan joke out of Kum-N-Go

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

oh man Andy Daly's teeth coming out at the end there was brilliant

and Amy is going full Kellyanne Conway, which means we are not long for Dan becoming Corey Lewandowski.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Congressman Furlong's dialogue has to be the most fun to write. That thing about Amy's abortion was horrifying

Orange Devil posted:

Also I just want to appreciate whoever is playing Jonah's wife for coming in so late in the series' run but coming in strong.

oh yeah she's so perfect for him it's shocking.

edit: holy poo poo "ConAgChem Family Farms"

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 29, 2019

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

OH MY GOD

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"'Droned a wedding' is American slang for 'Nailed it!'"

edit: this season really feels like they're trying to get everything in for one last season (Asylum at an embassy, anti-vaccine jokes, election meddling, wedding drones) but i feel like I'm guffawing about every 45 seconds so it's worth it

edit 2: oh my god MMQBing wedding drone footage might be the darkest thing this show has ever done

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 6, 2019

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Stare-Out posted:

Glory, gloryhole-a-lujah. That was a pretty good finale though I'm not sure why Amy suddenly flipped after going nuts for Jonah winning and then suddenly begging Selina to not give him VP.

it's very easy to Kellyanne your way through a campaign but then picture being faced with someone actually making the decision to make Jonah Ryan, who is basically Joe Rogan and Ben Shapiro stacked on top of each other, a heartbeat away from the presidency.

It's similar to her moment that got her fired from Selena's campaign the first time she just let Selena have it. The reality of what she was doing set in. Politics is such a game to these people, they can make deals and sell their morals casually away (see: Selena and gay marriage) but Amy had just enough of a shred of her morality left that she tried to jump in front of the Vice President Jonah Ryan train. But alas, that train was going too fast.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Vanderdeath posted:

Tom James' whole affable dad charm was mostly bullshit and Selina exploding on Rhea's character probably made her realize what Tom was doing was actually for real hosed up and that Tom used Selina (and likely other women), too. That and a cushy job in the White House probably sweetened that deal a whole bunch.

Hugh and Julia are so good at their jobs that they make these awful, unforgivably horrible self-centered egotistical pieces of poo poo into people we watch on a weekly basis and kind of want to succeed, which is a trait that the best politicians have. Tom James was easily the best retail politics guy the show had, non-DC people always thought he was the best, it makes sense that he has this charm that can convince just about anyone of just about anything.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

bring back old gbs posted:

Its funny if Jonah made it to the presidency unmentioned, but its funnier imo if he was impeached as VP.

what the gently caress would he have to do, in that known worthless, toothless position, to earn that? That's the spinoff baby.

It’s just him and Spiro Agnew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Stare-Out posted:

It's a miracle; a gag reel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29B7A7_h1Wg

Season 5 only unfortunately but I'll take it.

"unfortunately"? season 5 is like, the best season.

well, 4 and 5 together anyways. those two are the best.