Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

DC Murderverse posted:

quite possibly the funniest 15 seconds in television history (not just the line but his uncle's immediate reaction and the pan out to reveal a loving elementary school classroom)

And Richard trying to retrieve the phone slapped out of Jonah's hand.

That line is probably the most vulgar thing I've ever heard on tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

^burtle posted:

Really bums me out that Sue has been MIA for 2 seasons now. I couldn't get enough of the Kent / Sue vibe in earlier seasons and then it just fell away.

I think the actor who played Sue had some serious medical issues and had to leave. Sucks.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I'm calling it. Richard is going to somehow become President.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

cant cook creole bream posted:

Good for him. He's a nice person and a national hero.

I want to see a debate between Jonah and Splett now!

"I won't answer that question about healthcare because the moderator looks like a dog! Am I right!? She's a total dog! I don't answer questions from ugly women."

"Actually, if I may interject, I respect all women despite their attractiveness, and the previous Mayor of my town was a dog and a very brave dog who once helped a firefighter crew pull an elderly woman out of her burning home. in fact my Godmother was a dog, it's a complicated story, but..."

"Come on!"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I think Richard is gonna end up as President and the last line is Selina as VP asking "Did the President call?" "No".

But yeah, they have a lot of ground to cover in one episode.

Also, I find it hilarious how much Jonah looks like an emaciated Kane from WWE.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

No Wave posted:

Amy's face during that last wheezing uncle scene at the funeral. So good. Love how they keep bringing Dan around and hinting that Amy and Dan will end up together and then Dan crushes her over and over.

Dan hitting on Amy from behind then recoiling when he saw it was her so funny. Dan is a shallow rear end in a top hat, but that was like the epitome of "it's not about your body or looks, it's about YOU".

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Phenotype posted:

I've always thought it was one of the few things that didn't really seem true to the character. She's a stress addict and too tightly wound to be a very sexual person, and she knows firsthand what an unbelievable slimeball and womanizer he is. So why is Amy always pining for Dan? The charming sleaze that he puts on to pick up women is an act that she saw through years ago.

I mean, it's given us some loving funny bits, it just doesn't ring true.

It makes sense to me. They're both dirt bags, and been through a lot together, and she HAS seen through his act so she's probably always thinking if she can get him to be 10% less of a slimeball things would be perfect.

No Wave posted:

what other guys does Amy know? she's been at work all day for the past 8 years.

It coming up so much this season is a bit of earned meta humor about the show ending though.

This too. Her options are basically Dan or Gary.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

No Wave posted:

Minna's like way too real to me for some reason. It is in those moments that I feel exactly what Selina feels.

I get what youre saying.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I totally missed the joke the first time around that during Tom Hanks' eulogy they mention his work in "Philadelphia 2" and then cutting to a clip of "The Money Pit". They're both great such fantastic jokes, aside from the main call back joke. 3 jokes perfect jokes in like 10 seconds. Amazing.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

AbstractNapper posted:

Definitely agree on Minna. I was always looking forward to those episodes where she makes an appearance. She certainly didn't disappoint this season, but my favorite episodes have to be the first one with the Angry Birds gift and her grabby husband, and the one with the Chinese President and the deal about Tibet.

That Stephen Fry episode also.

Minna was awesome because she was so friendly, but there was always a part of me that thought she was completely loving with Selina. And Selina's constant expression of a mixture of "get me out of here"/"are you loving with me?"/"I'm going to hit you" whenever she was in her presence was so great.