Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
She's like my favorite character already. The sensitivity training in ep 3 should have been such a weak sequence but just having her there almost salvaged it.

Idk what the deal with Amy on this show is in general. Maybe it was the way west wing or early TTOI was structured or that she was in ITL or that she's the sort of non-threatening attractive that would poll well with focus groups, but going into the show I thought she was the main character but she never really did much that mattered compared to everyone else. Am I crazy or did Selena actually have less screen time in early seasons? (Not complaining, JLD is the best of the main cast.)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ok I like how hosed up this is getting a lot. I like this direction for Amy too, it's perfect. I'm surprised I haven't seen a Kellyanne Conway archetype on a show before this, it's really entertaining.

"no more ping-pong"
"is that what you're naming her?"

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 30, 2019

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

is it only two more episodes?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Amy's face during that last wheezing uncle scene at the funeral. So good. Love how they keep bringing Dan around and hinting that Amy and Dan will end up together and then Dan crushes her over and over.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Phenotype posted:

I've always thought it was one of the few things that didn't really seem true to the character. She's a stress addict and too tightly wound to be a very sexual person, and she knows firsthand what an unbelievable slimeball and womanizer he is. So why is Amy always pining for Dan? The charming sleaze that he puts on to pick up women is an act that she saw through years ago.

I mean, it's given us some loving funny bits, it just doesn't ring true.
what other guys does Amy know? she's been at work all day for the past 8 years.

It coming up so much this season is a bit of earned meta humor about the show ending though.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 7, 2019

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I forgot all about sue. Idk if I even liked this show before season 6.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Minna's like way too real to me for some reason. It is in those moments that I feel exactly what Selina feels.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

Kent flipping out felt weird to me, it came across as one of those finale moments where you for some reason have to have something radical for every character, and what made Kent's character work for me was that he was this immovable, monotone object that acted as a stark contrast to just about every other character (though Marjorie encroached on that a bit, and also had a freakout moment) which is why his freakout was a bit of a miss for me, as was his being in a biker gang last (?) season, it felt a bit too zany. Shame he didn't get one more moment with Sue though.
Kent wasnt ever as motivated or on the same page mentally as the other characters and he always came off as a weirdo type. He was wearing a denim jacket to a funeral which definitely fit a Kent who'd totally given up on propriety.

I agree it was a finale moment but it was something I imagined him doing at some point.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 14, 2019

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

it would have been nice if they picked a real actor to play montez, i dont know who that woman who played her was but she didnt do anything except say lah-oo-ra montez for the past 2 seasons. Really the only role that wasnt filled perfectly imo.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wasnt he just a boob in eastbound and down? I recognize him but that's the only thing I can name him in.