Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

sticksy posted:

:same:

goddamn the writing in this is so good. Everything with Jonah killed me - I don't know how they somehow can make him more hilariously unlikeable after 8 seasons yet they still do.

I've been rewatching the series and I completely forgot about this scene. I have a terrible cold and laughed so hard I thought I was legit dying for a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIQ7quNYaIw

I'm gonna miss this show so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

1glitch0 posted:

I think the actor who played Sue had some serious medical issues and had to leave. Sucks.

I saw her pop up in a show a while back and she was completely skin and bones. It was rough to see. :smith:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Jonah's family situation keeps getting worse and worse, it's incredible :allears:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

LinYutang posted:

I'm really unsatisfied with the ending. The whole season they seemed to be setting it up so that Catherine would snap and turn on her mother but no, they just wanted her around as a millennial punching bag. Selena got far too a happy ending.

Catherine has a great life with her loving wife and son. All things considered, she came out better than most. I thought the ending was great and it's fitting that even to the end, everything Selina did left her unsatisfied and overshadowed even in death.

As an aside, I'm usually not one to talk about appearances but holy moly Anna Chlumsky in that dress tonight :eyepop:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

General Dog posted:

I didn’t quite understand how Selina got Rhea Seehorn to flip. Appeals to her ego aside, I don’t really see what she had to offer that Tom couldn’t.

Tom James' whole affable dad charm was mostly bullshit and Selina exploding on Rhea's character probably made her realize what Tom was doing was actually for real hosed up and that Tom used Selina (and likely other women), too. That and a cushy job in the White House probably sweetened that deal a whole bunch.