Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

#1 Reds
#2 Angels

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Some things change, but franchise cornerstone cube catchers remain the same.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Build through prospects

Emphasis on hitting, focus on bullpen and velocity for pitching.

Sabermetrics.

Pete is scouting director, end of story. :colbert:

PROPOSAL: Starlin Castro is on his last guaranteed year with a somewhat expensive club option for next year, so this is probably the best time to flip him. He's not going to bring back blue chips, but I say stick him on the block and see if anybody offers us some lottery tickets Pete takes a liking to.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Proposal:

The Opener

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Castro for JD Martinez, Jeets wants his star hitter he'll get him.

Alcantara and Steckenrider for Cube Catcher, we'll find another closer.

Chen for Ryu, if OOTP is simulating even remotely accurately Ryu is good and will give us a solid year of production which might help us hit that .500 mark.

Get Sims.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Artix posted:

Make an offer on Kimbrel just to see what his price is. I don't think a closer is going to do us much good but it can't possibly make us worse, so...

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Plus we can just trade him at the deadline.

:yeah:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
What do we even have AAA-wise in starters we could call up? Or are there any washup free agents we can snag on a minor league deal?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

You traded Starlin Castro???

What the hell?

And I'm the one who suggested it :getin:

bewbies posted:

2019 MLB Draft

Backstrom then Hinds

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Sure, but on the other hand we could have the 3-4 hole hitters be the dual absolute units Astudillo and Backstrom.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Rendon and Hamamura should lock up a relatively competitive IF, particularly when some of our SS guys prospects start being ready.

What does Alex Wood want? He's not an ace but he seems like a steady MOR guy we could get relatively cheap to sure up the rotation.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Give McMahon a look

Also trade for Archer, and move Esteban for the best we can get, pitching or otherwise.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Always ask yourself: WWJD (What Would Jeets Do)

We are absolutely loving with Sixto's service time.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I know we're the ones who voted for him to scout but my god Pete is a loving cheat code. We've gone from the absolute dregs of MLB to a projected >.500 team with the best farm in baseball. In a year. :lol:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
As much as I want to draft IRONFIST, I agree Perez has to be our target.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
4) Bring back the dinger machine. :colbert:

I really wanna know what calculations OOTP is doing under the hood to make Stroman think he's worth a Scherzer++ contract. :lol:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Ademan for Kelper

MEGA DEAL WITH THE REDS: McMahon , Gordon, and Sims to the Reds for Siani, Hoerner, and India

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
A 100% free player sounds pretty Jeets to me. Get Darvish.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Make it Rain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Man Cube Catcher has really fallen off a cliff. :smith:

Extend because gently caress Jeets.