Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

You know what you all needed? MORE EYES.

That's right. We got an eye thing in Misery Mire. It's not the same eye thing that's normally in Misery Mire, but that's ok. We also have a weird bug. But on top of that, we have some more progression! So far, the run has been fun for me, I've been dying a lot but that's just hard mode. I know one other person has completed the seed, is anyone else brave enough for this?

We are about halfway through! I've already recorded everything. There's some fun stuff coming up ahead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I’m also not sure what that tile pattern in the Tower of Hera is exactly, but I :thunk: I have a good guess

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So, explanation about what confused you for anyone watching. Fighter sword can't damage Arghus' puffs unless you use a spin attack, you need at least a master sword to do damage with regular slashes.

Blue Link
Apr 22, 2014
Brave? No, not really. Less skilled at the game than I thought myself to be and too curious to see how far I could get before getting a sword upgrade with Link's uncle?

Absolutely. It was the second hardest seed I ever played and the hardest I ever finished. The aforementioned curiosity also caused me to defeat a boss swordless, a surprisingly fun experience that I do not recommend to anyone who is playing along. I had a lot of fun playing this seed, but that probably wouldn't be the case if you had chosen any difficulty above hard.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I totally forgot about the figher sword thing. I didn't want to Menu Boss it (switch between hookshot and hammer) so it's probably better I just died.

Speaking of dying, this is part 4. I will admit, this is probably rock bottom for the run. It's been alright, but this is the point where I started to doubt myself. Also, the video on this one is weird. I checked my later parts and they don't have the same issue. You'll miss out on the very bottom of the screen and part of the tracker, but I can't rerecord because I've already gone on further. Just bear with me this one time!

Like I said, this is the part where things got bad. However, it's all looking up from here on out. We can do this!

Also, here is a teaser for the next part:

What's on the ped? Find out next time!
(it's probably rupees)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Why is the view on part 4 zoomed in? You're missing a small but noticeable part off the bottom of the screen.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I mentioned it above. I think I accidentally expanded the window when capturing, but the other parts do not have this issue. I can't go back and rerecord because I have gone beyond this part.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

:doh:

Sorry about that, keep up the good work otherwise!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Man your enemizer really likes the Hyrule Knights and firebars. Mine liked those crawling shadow dudes and those giant yellow spike balls.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Those crawling shadow dudes make a lot of appearances today. I don't know why enemizer loves them so much. Today we make a lot of progress! How much? Watch and find out!

Seriously, a 1/216 chance. On top of that, go mode. Plus it's the book, so I couldn't know it was there in advance. Bright side is that we can now finish the seed. It may be tough. Don't have a lot of hearts, so I predict suffering in the future. Stick with me, we are almost there!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

YOU GOT THE POWER OF _____LITERACY______.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Captain Capitalism posted:

Those crawling shadow dudes make a lot of appearances today. I don't know why enemizer loves them so much. Today we make a lot of progress! How much? Watch and find out!

Seriously, a 1/216 chance. On top of that, go mode. Plus it's the book, so I couldn't know it was there in advance. Bright side is that we can now finish the seed. It may be tough. Don't have a lot of hearts, so I predict suffering in the future. Stick with me, we are almost there!

I still had a few checks I could've made when I made that pull, but as soon as I got my third pendant I immediately ran for the pedestal because I just had a premonition that was where it was going to be... also I didn't want to go back to the left side of swamp.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That Multidorm is a horrifying

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I love multidorm. My favorite though, is when Helmasaur King is up there. He glitches out and his tail never stops spinning. It's hilarious to watch.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

We did it! This is it. Lots of dungeons and so lots of randomized bosses. Plus, Ganon deals enough damage to kill me in 2 hits. Guess the number of deaths!

Thank you so much for watching these videos, I really appreciate it and I hope I convinced some new people to run this awesome game or even consider a race. I commentate sometimes so you might hear me in a more relaxed setting where I'm not the one dying to Vitreous.

As for this seed? It was nutty. I can't believe go mode book was on ped. I was going to do a bonus Ped run, but now you've seen it so bah. It was also super frustrating at times. I cut out a lot of the ganon deaths because there were a few that just consisted of me swearing nonstop. Enemy placements weren't too crippling, but hard mode limiting the mail and hearts meant that I felt way too squishy. I know I didn't set the enemies to randomize damage (yes, it's a thing) but it still felt like they dealt a lot. I did it though, and I'm proud of myself for that.

This is the end of the LTTP runs, but there may be more to come! I'm taking a look at the Super Metroid + Link to the Past randomizer, though my metroid skills are even worse than LTTP. I may not complete these bonus runs though, but keep an eye out.

Captain Capitalism fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 17, 2019

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

What a wild ride. Congrats!
Look at it this way: at least you sorta made good on your thread title, with the finale being pedestal-locked.

Thanks for showing off all the modes, it was a lot of fun to see what sort of crazy stuff it can pull out. Triforce Pieces is very tempting, but I think I'll stick with Keysanity or SM crossover. Also, don't worry about being bad at Super Metroid, I am too.

The last seed of SM:LttP I played started off amazing, but held a terrible secret: Lamp behind green Maridia shinespark and Moon Pearl on Spring Ball :gonk:. And it didn't help that I was an idiot that forgot to check the extremely available chest that had the bow in it until I'd cleared roughly all of Super Metroid and everything that can be got without bow in LttP. That's what I get for not knowing the dungeon layouts by heart and relying on maps from the internet. :negative:

Game: Your uncle recovers!
Uncle: :skeltal:

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

What was the tracker you were using for entrances in the crossworlds run? I'm trying my own seed and I think I need it to keep track of things.

Blue Link
Apr 22, 2014
I believe I can answer that. I searched for it back when I played that seed and it appears to be Seph's Entrance Rando tracker. I hope this information helps you.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Thanks! I'm still catching up and was wondering if you were thinking of trying the super metroid / ALTTP mashup randomiser. I haven't got around to trying any of these yet but I'm sure I'll start giving the ALTTP rando a go in the near future, it seems pretty fun!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You're so lucky. That room where the firebar had a stalfos for you but for me it was one of those huge spike balls :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Fantastic LP. I do love me some randomizer races normally, so introducing more people to it through an LP is cool. I recommend people wanting more checkout Speedgaming on Youtube and follow some of the people doing races there.

I recommend checking out Andy for that hovering technique.