Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

MaskedHuzzah posted:

I've been watching LttP randos for a while and I wanted to ask why nobody ever uses bombs to bust open Helmasaur's face instead of the hammer? I think it's the same speed and it's lower risk (could be wrong on both). Anybody know better?

It's slower unless you do it perfectly is why, hammer is pretty safe, fast, and consistent especially if you have a sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Well that was a fun seed, most difficult one I've played since I'm not used to well, any of the alternate modes except keysanity here. It was fun, could've been much faster if I didn't die oh, 15 times on Ganon because I was being stubborn and refusing to go buy potions, or if I didn't forget how inverted worked and spent time wandering aimlessly not remmebering locations I had access to.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So, explanation about what confused you for anyone watching. Fighter sword can't damage Arghus' puffs unless you use a spin attack, you need at least a master sword to do damage with regular slashes.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Captain Capitalism posted:

Those crawling shadow dudes make a lot of appearances today. I don't know why enemizer loves them so much. Today we make a lot of progress! How much? Watch and find out!

Seriously, a 1/216 chance. On top of that, go mode. Plus it's the book, so I couldn't know it was there in advance. Bright side is that we can now finish the seed. It may be tough. Don't have a lot of hearts, so I predict suffering in the future. Stick with me, we are almost there!

I still had a few checks I could've made when I made that pull, but as soon as I got my third pendant I immediately ran for the pedestal because I just had a premonition that was where it was going to be... also I didn't want to go back to the left side of swamp.