Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

putative
Dec 2, 2013
Soiled Meat
I'm not an expert either, but I recently played "Between Two Cities" and it was pretty great.

There can be a winner though, so there goes your first criterion, BUT this game is about as collaborative as competition gets:

All players sit in a circle and each player sits "between two cities" with one on the left and one on the right. In this way, every player co-owns 2 cities with 2 other players. Everyone's turn happens simultaneously so the play is quick. All players draft city tiles and cooperate with their left- and right-hand neighbors to build their left and right cities. Your goal is to maximize bonuses to earn points and your final score is the LOWEST scoring of your two cities. In this way there is no benefit to "screwing" your neighbors by tanking one of your two cities to benefit the other. Again there can be a winner (ties are not uncommon!) but the competition is very mild. It's also a pretty quick game, maybe 20 minutes.

Again I know this immediately ignores your very first point lol, but it might be worth a shot. See if you can play-test it some time, I recommend it. Hope you find the game for your group :-)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putative
Dec 2, 2013
Soiled Meat

Countblanc posted:

Some faster pure co-op games:

- The Mind
- Hanabi
- Burgle Bros
- SPACE ALERT (!!!)

This one isn't a full co-op but it's team-based and light so it might still fit, but I've had a lot of love for Trapwords recently.

Space Alert!!! Yes!