Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This is the stupidest thing I could seek tech support over.

Problem description:
Select multiple files -> Right-click -> Print now prints files in what appears to be random order but definitely not the sort order of the folder. Used to be I could right-click on the first file in the list of files I shift-selected and it would print in the sort order.

Attempted fixes:
After googling for answers it seems to be that older versions of Excel etc. opened files one at a time to print if more than 1 was selected but newer versions open all the files first and then prints. None of the results suggested a native-to-Windows method of changing this and pointed me toward printing management software

Recent changes:
Switched from Office 2007 to Office 365. Still have Office 2007 installed.

I'm guessing OS/Specs is irrelevant here.

I have Googled and read the FAQ:
Yes

Is there a way to get Windows to print things in the order of the folder besides printing them one at a time or is that a feature that has just now gone away.

Honestly I've already solved this because I've found a printing management program that will do what I need done and is only $100. I'm just wondering if its possible to save myself a few bucks because holy poo poo its an annoying thing to find out when the last thing you need to do in a day can't be done the way you used to do it any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU