Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yellow Alert activates every pod on the map, and adds the following triggers to the AI to get a "Yellow Alert"

DetectedNewCorpse
DetectedAllyTakingDamage
DetectedSound
AlertedByYell (Caused by Civilians)
SeesExplosion - actually works by hearing explosion
SeesAlertedAllies

When an enemy is in yellow alert, they try to move directly to the triggering source. Hypothetically, this means you can blow up poo poo on one side of the grey, and run in the other direction without being detected. They should not be able to see you when you're revealed. They will also always try to approach the noise from a side or back to get an extra flanking shot on you. That's what it said, I have a feeling it's not working, because it still seems like people are being activated somewhat randomly.

Low Cover and High Cover have had their properties boosted, making them much better at shielding you.

The Mod says this is what it does:

quote:

Once in yellow alert, pods are aware of Xcom's presence and use both action points to run around while performing its assigned job or running towards the area of the alert (usually within sight of XCom). No more pods walking around one tile away out of sight, they will respond to alerts within range and investigate them immediately.

I decided that instead of screenshots, I would show the avenger stuff in video. This is mostly because I realized I'm not showing off or explaining everything well enough.

I also went through each Rookie / Squaddie I had and explained there class and unique abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6o_YX6P5BM

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

jesus gently caress lmao i have ~300 mods i've carefully curated for myself over the past couple years

what i'm saying is sign me up immediately

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Captain Foo posted:

jesus gently caress lmao i have ~300 mods i've carefully curated for myself over the past couple years

This seems the wrong approach to having 300 mods, to be honest.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Fat Samurai posted:

This seems the wrong approach to having 300 mods, to be honest.

imo you should mod the game in the way that makes it the most fun to you

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I'm pretty sure one of the mods you have installed recommends using an options menu to change the starting squad size to 6, which might be your problem. Not that I know what mods you have installed at all, but one of the mods I have installed does that, so it's decent odds! I'd honestly say just restart at this point.

edit: haha, that was from an update ago, I forgot to move to a new page, I'm a dorp

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought that larger squad and reinforcements would mean I'd eventually get 12 soldiers a mission (basically running this like old school xcom, hundreds of cheap expendable soldiers)

Instead, it gives me 8, 4 in the beginning, and then 4 that trickles in every two turns. So I ripped that mod out.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Turtlicious posted:

I thought that larger squad and reinforcements would mean I'd eventually get 12 soldiers a mission (basically running this like old school xcom, hundreds of cheap expendable soldiers)

Instead, it gives me 8, 4 in the beginning, and then 4 that trickles in every two turns. So I ripped that mod out.

robojumper's squad select is what you're looking for, I believe

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I set squad select to 8 in robojumper, I think I have to turn on compatibility mode for the larger squad size upgrade mod.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Turtlicious posted:

I set squad select to 8 in robojumper, I think I have to turn on compatibility mode for the larger squad size upgrade mod.

i think a few things break if you end up with more than 9 launching

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have the bigger squad points mod. The issue was that the reinforcements every turn overwrites the changes that the squad select mod does, so I have to clear out the mod override config to get everything to load, because for some reason it keeps the mod changes to the config when you delete the mod.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Turtlicious posted:

I have the bigger squad points mod. The issue was that the reinforcements every turn overwrites the changes that the squad select mod does, so I have to clear out the mod override config to get everything to load, because for some reason it keeps the mod changes to the config when you delete the mod.

:xcom:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and delete long war leader pack apparently.

We're at 437 mods since I've started finding bugs and issues. lmao.

e:Nope that's not it either.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 17, 2019

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Turtlicious posted:

and delete long war leader pack apparently.

We're at 437 mods since I've started finding bugs and issues. lmao.

e:Nope that's not it either.

The alternative mod launcher isn't showing any override conflicts?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No conflicts, and every time I start a new game it's still just 4 dudes. I might just give up on it tbh and roll with 4 dudes

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I fixed it, I had to start a new game and also remove the More Squad Size Upgrades, So I'm going to field 8 soldiers at a time, with the option to get up to 10 later in the game. E: The next video might be a two parter, where i play back up to where I was and then continue. But since I had only done gatecrasher last save that isn't as much as it sounds like. Though I don't think I'm going to record gatecrasher again, I can't imagine anyone wants to watch that mission 3x.

Here's the new modded list.

https://pastebin.com/AUPWvPVr

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 17, 2019

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Of course the one time I don't record :donk:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

There's a quicker start mod that puts you after gatekeeper with no damage and everyone promoted after the opening cinematic, might be worth looking at if you think there are more restarts in the future

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The updates are going to be delayed as I try to always complete my objective in the video, which mostly means trying the same missions over and over until I get a win.

This is going to be great for the health of the LP, but takes a bit more time as I have to... you know... Win.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Just be careful you don't burn yourself out. I admit I haven't played much Xcom 2, but I think it would be okay to have some failed mission?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
First, here is an album with everyone, Come look yourself up, and get a feel for everyone!

A picture of everyone we've signed up so far

First off we learn modular weapons, and then from there, we unlock a bunch of types of weapons. Afterwards, we move on to the auto-pistol bonus that we’re offered by an inspiration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM97W25_xIE

The delay at this point is mostly due to the difficulty of the game, and how random the mission type can be. It re-rolls the pods every time, but sometimes I'll walk into 14 dudes ready to destroy everything I love, or I'll slowly creep up on 4 pods of 4, with no real in between.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Because you asked about it: the mission is mostly watchable, but the entire ending piece where you maneuver soldiers around and then evac them 1 by 1 could be edited out - because nothing interesting actually happens. You're not hunting the other pods and you're ignoring the reinforcements (that bit with the zombie notwithstanding). Could easily have elided nearly 2 full turns and just shown us what happens with the zombie and then cut to debrief. Otherwise, pretty interesting to see how some of the classes I'm not familiar with work.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

also, since you were wondering: XCOM2 tracks lowest health separately from current health, and uses that to calculate recovery time / injury status. I know the Field Medic custom class has passives that mitigate this; I don't know if any other modded mechanics address it.

cambrian obelus
Sep 14, 2010

I've never seen a French woman before!
Soiled Meat
Excellent video.

It's nice to see all our soldiers live through the mission. I agree with Captain Foo that the extraction could be cut. I had no problem following 8 soldiers.
I'm now a catlady drug dealer. huh. well I hope for a long and effective campaign with cambrian odeus surviving until the end.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm so bad at this game. I'm not sure if I'm going to go back with everything on easy, or like... just make a mod pack for a different game lol.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Turtlicious posted:

I'm so bad at this game. I'm not sure if I'm going to go back with everything on easy, or like... just make a mod pack for a different game lol.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModeWondershot
Dec 30, 2014

Portu-geezer
Well, if this winds up being the end of it, thanks for taking the advice of the thread gracefully and for introducing these mods, some of which have made it into my game. Best of luck.