Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Really is a shame that Gotouge decided to do away with the comic's early narrative that hard work trumps talent like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
I wanna see the water hashira come back, he's like the most basic bitch regular guy hashira.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GateOfD posted:

also that Love Hashira x Snake Hashira shipping scene...

Taisho era secret they write letters to each other all the time.

Also even though next week is the season finale it is a double length episode at 70 minutes.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Hope they show Water Hashiras final fight and it turns out Tanjiro been doing it all wrong

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

GateOfD posted:

Hope they show Water Hashiras final fight and it turns out Tanjiro been doing it all wrong

Turns out your sword isn't supposed to burst into flames when you do water breathing

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Oh Snapple! posted:

Really is a shame that Gotouge decided to do away with the comic's early narrative that hard work trumps talent like this

Hard work beats talent when talent refuses to workbreathe hard.

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

Kanroji's fight scenes are just much cooler and more entertaining than anyone else's this season (and it's not like the other characters are slouches in that regard). I don't know why she chose a weird rhythmic gymnastics sword, but it's great to look at.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I hope she's okay handling that dragon thing on her own, her backstory doesn't seem nearly tragic enough to beat an upper rank demon

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Oh Snapple! posted:

But all the Hashira work hard AND have talent

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

muscles like this! posted:

Taisho era secret they write letters to each other all the time.

Also even though next week is the season finale it is a double length episode at 70 minutes.

Isn’t that triple length? Most anime is 18-20 minutes of runtime minus breaks and op/ed

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UnderFreddy posted:

can't believe that the hashira, the people noted as being the strongest of all the demon slayers, also happen to be people who were genetically gifted

Also Genya eats demons, like some kind of mirrored meme putting us on blast for having our monitors on.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I was expecting a cool team battle again as well, with double the Hashira. The Upper Moons would have been terrible at teamwork and that would have been their downfall. I think we would have been better off if Misty and Vase Guy were just not involved the entire time.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 13, 2023

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Tanjiro: Exceptionally strong sense of smell, can recognize emotions from it too
Zenitsu: Extremely strong sense of hearing, can tell humans and demons apart with just that alone
Inosuke: Near impossibly flexible, can sense bloodlust on his skin, shift his organs around at will, can dislocate all of his joints and fit into anything he can get his head into like a rat

Everyone's weird and notably, nobody else seems to have had as hard a time learning how to slay demons as Tanjiro.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Tabletops posted:

Isn’t that triple length? Most anime is 18-20 minutes of runtime minus breaks and op/ed

When they say 70 minutes they mean as will air on TV, so you need to subtract time as usual. It will probably end up being 55 minites or so.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kanao also has super eyesight, and Genya can take on the property of stuff he tastes. So all five senses are covered.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Yawgmoft posted:

When they say 70 minutes they mean as will air on TV, so you need to subtract time as usual. It will probably end up being 55 minites or so.

Ah alright

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
drat, Tanjiro just pulling out Thunder Breathing just like that?
come on..

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I don’t understand what genya is

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Tabletops posted:

I don’t understand what genya is

He temporarily gains demon powers by eating demons.

It is never explained.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Maybe any human can temporarily gain demon powers by eating demons, it's just that no-one outside of Genya tried it.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

was about to get a bit miffed that Nezuko would be sacrificed against the jobber upper 6, but this development is sort of interesting. Power of love baby

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
Kind of a mid-finale.
I was like no way, are they gonna kill Nezuko this early, cause if they did, for such a lame fight, I would have been pissed.
I think I prefer gagged Nezuko after hearing her talk though.

The emotion demon's backstory was such a non-backstory, I don't know why they even bothered. Turns out he was exactly how he presented himself? okay...

Muzan is such a whiny bitch. Does he just kill someone and take over their role with his body shifting skills or hypnosis. He sure seems to go thru identities fast.
wtf @ the random rear end doctor that just happened to make an elixir to make demons/eternal life.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Don't underestimate Heian-era herbal remedies.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'll always love the inherent pettiness of Muzan's backstory.. He gets granted a miracle with two specific catches, and it's the profoundly lesser of those two that he obsesses over curing.. Because he finds not being able to do whatever he wants to be humiliating. Just the biggest piece of poo poo.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Maybe any human can temporarily gain demon powers by eating demons, it's just that no-one outside of Genya tried it.

Most people just die if they try it. Same as how most people don't actually become demons after Muzan gives them his blood.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Schubalts posted:

Most people just die if they try it. Same as how most people don't actually become demons after Muzan gives them his blood.

Depends on the quantity of blood.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

GateOfD posted:

Kind of a mid-finale.
I was like no way, are they gonna kill Nezuko this early, cause if they did, for such a lame fight, I would have been pissed.
I think I prefer gagged Nezuko after hearing her talk though.

The emotion demon's backstory was such a non-backstory, I don't know why they even bothered. Turns out he was exactly how he presented himself? okay...

Muzan is such a whiny bitch. Does he just kill someone and take over their role with his body shifting skills or hypnosis. He sure seems to go thru identities fast.
wtf @ the random rear end doctor that just happened to make an elixir to make demons/eternal life.

I dunno, I appreciated that emotion demon guy was just always a piece of poo poo. It's a refreshing change from a sob story you'd get from the lesser demons. And yeah, Muzen is such a fantastic villain. He has no depth but its fun to hate that petty loser. I appreciate villains that are entertaining to hate.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What I love about Muzan is that he isn't some charismatic overlord, he's just a whiny poo poo with way too much power for his own good and throws very dangerous tantrums (see: him murdering off all the Lower Moons after his favorite got killed or getting pissy at Akaza).

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
I realized as I watched that Muzan was created the exact same way as the zombies in The Kingdom, noble families loving around with medicine. I am now assuming this is the government super solider trope of the eastern world.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As a manga reader I did find it funny how hard they went with making you think Nezuko was dying/dead.

Also shocking news
https://twitter.com/kimetsu_off/status/1670454069234655233
Season 4, the Hashira Training Arc, is a go.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

What I love about Muzan is that he isn't some charismatic overlord, he's just a whiny poo poo with way too much power for his own good and throws very dangerous tantrums (see: him murdering off all the Lower Moons after his favorite got killed or getting pissy at Akaza).

On this according to the databook Rui was legit one of Muzak’s favourites, someone he saw as having the potential to join the upper ranks and defeat the Hashira, while he was Lower 5 he was actually around the Level of Lower 1 Emmu. Apparently he would have been able to give Giyu a proper fight, but he had weakened himself by infusing his power into his spider family.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
How they gonna make fun of Kyogai's drums when Zohakuten's over here doing the same thing?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
He was definitely the worst, given that Muzan was trying to make his own music band. He already had the emotion demon in the end, and the lady with the strings. I think he just gave up on it. Kyogai should have went for a wind instrument

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I need to see Rengoku's cross guard on Tanjiro's super sword right now (assuming that's what actually happens)

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
gently caress. The sunlight gave Nezuko brain damage. That's so sad

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Early on in the episode my wife pointed out that the mini demon run animation was the same as the mini Shrek from that stupid meme and I couldn't unsee it.

I appreciated Muzan's plot reveal. Made sense of why he keeps making these guys he hates dealing with so much.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

gently caress. The sunlight gave Nezuko brain damage. That's so sad

Nah, that was the demon poo poo and ptsd

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Pretty good finale, I actually forgot about this being where Nezuko turns into a daywalker until it focused on it so much.

Looking forward to the training arc since the big monk Hashira is actually one of my favorite characters and we've basically seen nothing of him animated so far.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I think it would have been more interesting if Nezuko died. I give it a 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'll always love the inherent pettiness of Muzan's backstory.. He gets granted a miracle with two specific catches, and it's the profoundly lesser of those two that he obsesses over curing.. Because he finds not being able to do whatever he wants to be humiliating. Just the biggest piece of poo poo.

I'm kind of the opposite here, the reveal that Muzan, the origin/King of all demon, is just that he's just some guy who ate some random drug from a random unnamed doctor is really unsatisfying for me. I don't mind that he's a petty rear end in a top hat, Father from FMA:Brotherhood is a petty rear end in a top hat too (just to name a sort of similar bad guy) but he's much more interesting than Muzan