Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Been binging this series over the last month or two, and went to see the movie over the weekend as a belated birthday gift for my wife. I don't know a lot about anime, but I think this is good anime?

My biggest takeaway from the movie is that it might be time for me to look into some sort of sound system for our TV at home. Maybe it's because this was my first time in a theater in a year and a half, or because our TV is a decade old, but drat did this movie sound real good in the theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I liked the movie a lot so I'm down to watch it again and be sad again.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
It is time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6MXHczeEqc

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Rengoku more like Ren-bro-ku

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Had a revelation during the most recent episode that Zenitsu reminds me of Butters from South Park, at least the Zenitsu who is constantly having a panic attack.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Really wish that I had a better TV for this episode and the next one.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
One of my favorite animation derails in this show is how chunky the tears look. Casually losing 5% of my bodyweight in water every time I cry, no big deal.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
It's called the "Entertainment District" because this season will IMO be very entertaining!

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 9, 2021

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I don't think you're supposed to like Tengan at first, what with the whole kidnapping young women to conscript them into going undercover as entertainers/"entertainers".

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Never trust a Wife Guy, especially not a Triple Wife Guy.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
God drat this show rules lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Fffffffffffffff

E: These episodes really do feel, like, five minutes long. Ten max.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 31, 2022

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Demon Slayer...is good!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I mentioned it before but I love how chunky the tears are in this show. If tears were that big IRL you'd die of dehydration if you cried too much.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAMTXfqer0

April 2023 for the next season of Demon Slayer, doing a special theatrical run of the end of the last season + start of this season in March.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Finally started the current season, I'm way into Genya and his demon-slaying sawed-off.

Also very much looking forward to the Akaza face turn/anti-hero turn that feels heavily implied from that opening scene.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

MonsterEnvy posted:

What makes you think Akaza is going to turn?

The part where he told Upper One "I'll kill you if it's the last thing I do"? :v: Jokes aside, he seems extremely miffed by his co-workers, even beyond the usual trope of anime bad guys not liking each other. I'm guessing he is physically incapable of harming Muzan but I could see him picking up an assist in (I assume) a future fight against Two or One.

At the very least, from a storytelling perspective I don't think you show him off "out of order" if he's just another bad guy. Why select him for a dope-rear end fight scene with Rengoku if not to set him apart from all of the other assholes? Just a hunch, I promise I haven't read the manga.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Can't wait for Genya to become the first Gun Hashira when this is all over.

E:

muscles like this! posted:

I forgot how much of the backstory involves child death.

My wife claims that this show is about family dynamics, but I maintain that it's about how much trauma you'd actually have to go through in order to be an anime teen badass.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 15, 2023

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

RareAcumen posted:

Worked extremely well for Batman after all.

It's why Rengoku couldn't close the deal against Akaza - he "only" had to deal with his mother dying young and his dad becoming a deadbeat. Maybe if his brother had died too he could have pulled it off.

:(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Reset the counter on "Weeks Since A Flashback Involving Child Death"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Awww he had Rengoku's hilt piece protecting him :3:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Tatsuta Age posted:

I just want tanjiro to get his hands on that new mfin sword already

Not an emptyquote.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Only one more episode :negative:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Imagine seeing a small child eating everything in sight and thinking "wow that's weird", obviously none of these people have ever been parents.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

GateOfD posted:

also that Love Hashira x Snake Hashira shipping scene...

Everyone knows that you can't give socks as a gift until the recipient is at least 30 years old. That's when it becomes something that they actually want to get.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Oh Snapple! posted:

Really is a shame that Gotouge decided to do away with the comic's early narrative that hard work trumps talent like this

Hard work beats talent when talent refuses to workbreathe hard.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I need to see Rengoku's cross guard on Tanjiro's super sword right now (assuming that's what actually happens)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'll always love the inherent pettiness of Muzan's backstory.. He gets granted a miracle with two specific catches, and it's the profoundly lesser of those two that he obsesses over curing.. Because he finds not being able to do whatever he wants to be humiliating. Just the biggest piece of poo poo.

Same energy
https://youtu.be/L3LbxDZRgA4

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
So what was the giant lump on that dude's head anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Get ready to slay some demons Spring 2024-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoRfIHRyVZc

Really like the look of semi-retired Tengen.