Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I dunno, I thought it was kind of funny that it went straight for "and then I spent two years getting my rear end kicked" without dressing it up at all.

I liked it too given that all that apparently changed was his hair getting longer. Like yeah its difficult to notice his physical growth since we haven't seen him next to many other characters but you'd think a boy going through the middle of puberty will change more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wouldn't say the cuts to the other two during the fight are pointless, they are there to rile our boy and make him lose his cool. Thats why we get a cut with Sabito saying "gently caress man, dont worry about us, just breathe"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tanjiro is a very earnest and good boy

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The cutest brain washed murder machine

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mr Muzan just wants to live a quiet life

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean when fighting the trio theres this cool looking waterfall effect and after the commercial break its the same exact scene but its all the mud and swamp poo poo thats being pushed from the ground after hitting it really hard so I'm still on the mind that its metaphorical.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah it feels weirdly padded for a show that's what 12 eps for the first season? A flashback to the previous episode, followed by the last 30 seconds of action before the break and the 'previews' that are like 2mins+ at the end seems more like something from a long running shounen show worried about catching up to the manga lol
It's not a big deal since the rest of the show is so good, it just kinda sticks out.

Its 26 episodes

https://twitter.com/kimetsu_off/status/1119239286782480384

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 2, 2019

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

He's trying really hard to seem focused and with conviction but just comes out as being a dolt thats struggling to stay alive

The scene is immediately before Yushiro tells Tamayo they should flee while the other two fight, its supposed to be comedic.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 3, 2019

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

He still sounds like a dolt

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hes a dork, but not an idiot.
He was trying to be polite.

I think its more than just being polite when he's reducing whole sentences to just a single word and saying "ILL DO MY BEST!" in the end.

You can be a tactical genius in combat but at the same time be a complete dolt/dork in interpersonal communication, its a common theme in shounen series. What makes Tanjiro better is how pure and earnest he is.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean theres always the possibility that things backfire and she sees an incredibly poo poo person and imposes that he's a demon

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im disappointed the translation isnt going PIG ASSAULT PIG ASSAULT

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Someone give us a taisho secret because Tanjiro didn’t have time for one!!

Mordja posted:

Really dig the actual thunderclap they used for Z's attack. UFOtable's killing it.

Ufotable has fantastic sound direction. I went through the manga to see if Pig Assault's boar sound when he was breathing was there but nope, that and the beast snarl when he snaps his attacks were added by ufotable.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 23, 2019

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hey guys I think the demon hunters bossman is terrible manager.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nephthys posted:

I mean the ground literally exploded around him as it was being struck by lightning. Metaphors can only go so far, he caused a crater without even moving.

It's not a particularly big deal but the scene differed significantly from how it was in the manga where there's no power-up sequence.

We already saw a scene earlier where Tanjiro hits the ground with his sword causing it to look like waterfall was slamming in and right after the commercials the scene played again without the ukiyo-e effects and its just slamming the floor so hard all the mud and swamp poo poo splashed up (as well as a few arms)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

God drat that was one episode all right

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fabricated posted:

It was a great episode but I have no idea how they plan on adapting some parts of this if they do more seasons if they just adamantly refuse to have a narrator.

They already started. The flashback thing was narration and in this case they had butterfly girl expand on it, its actually executed better without it. The emphasis on the blood on the sword igniting was pointed out by the narrator, its not really needed when its animated.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Using CGI to fill out the scenes that need less detail probably helps too.

Yeah, the thing that really sets ufotable apart is when to use 3d models. A lot of scenes in the last episode would take significantly more to animate if they hadnt used CGI and that leads to good animators having more time to work on pretty key frames down the line.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think the extended spider girl sequence was anime original. Either way, you are looking it at wrong, contrast "sister" with the "mother" spiders, both murdered a bunch of people but when push came to shove the mother realized that she would be better off dead while the sister was always thinking about self preservation to the very end. The scene showing that the mother was actually a little girl forced to play the role makes it even harder.

As for the rest really disliked spider boy surviving, less so in the anime than in the manga. The scene isn't sold that hard in the manga as they did in the anime so the payoff didn't feel completely stolen. But its important to show the gap between the pillars and Tanjiro and that his super special secret technique cant match years of single minded devotion to killing demons

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No, it’s pretty much decompression now. There won’t be enough time to rush through to the next combat arc if this is a typical 24 episode series.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Mr Muzan just wants to live a quiet life

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I cant believe they were able to stretch this episode this much

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It is absolutely understandable that they all loving hate demons and just want to loving kill them all because up till now they have never witness a truly good girl like Nezuko.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I know that the wind hashira straight up says it but its such a low key thing that its so easily missed without foreknowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I love how well they did the off character models in this episode, really match the manga

Zenitsu's panic attack was hilarious