Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
OH poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

MonsterEnvy posted:

So anime only people what are your theories on Muzan.

Not much to theorize on yet but it's interesting that he's very obviously able to go at the very least hours without chowing down on whoever is in sight. I wonder if it's because he's an even more picky eater than the demon Tanjiro killed in the first half, or because he's just been around forever and attained a high level of self-control, or some combination of the two.

The only other demon we've seen so far that hasn't gone nuts and just constantly been on the hunt for the next meal is Nezuko, and doesn't that seem interesting?

Muzan being able to blend into society at this level also means he presents a pretty unique challenge to demon slayers just in his environment. Most of their skillset seems to be centered around taking out whacked out super cannibals out on the rural fringe or in dark alleys. where there aren't a ton of people around.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
You know what else was weird was that while there was a ton of blood, nobody in Tanjiros family appeared to have been eaten if I recall correctly?

At the time I assumed they were just avoiding going overboard with gore but now I wonder if it was intentional.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
All the anime greats get investigated for tax evasion. It's tradition! :v:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

MonsterEnvy posted:

You guys should have a better grasp of what Muzan is like now.

He's a dick!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Muzan is super fast, can turn people to berserk cannibal killers with one fingernail scratch, and is in the middle of a dense human population. He's basically a gun put to the head of everyone in Tokyo. Genuinely not sure what the right move would be even if you DO find him again.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Zenitsu is a small price to pay for Sparrow, imo.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah the back half of this one felt like a lot of stretching so that they could end on a specific moment.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Sindai posted:

You can see Tanjiro start to think of Inosuke as a stupid little brother in real time and it's great

It really is.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Okay fine show! I'll like Zenitsu gosh darn it! :qq:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Shere posted:

I get this, but why does Tanjiro literally hear thunder though?

Just a guess but sonic boom. He moved so fast he broke the sound barrier.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Dang and he didn't even get to send a blood sample.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah Tanjiro's sword and half his skeleton are broken (not that that seems to slow him down much).

I wonder if they're due a promotion because of the whole not getting slaughtered like the rest of the chumps thing?

I'm not sure how half the slayers that went on the mountain made it through selection.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Inosuke needs the ability to call in and control about 30-50 feral hogs.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Whenever Zenitsu isn't on screen the other characters should be asking each other "Where's Zenitsu?"

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

The Sandman posted:

But this is the 1910s, personal automatic weapons are just becoming a thing in WWI Europe. Where's anyone supposed to get one in Japan?

Nowhere, that's why he'll be unstoppable.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
All this whining about Zenitsu is reminding me of Zenitsu's whining.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Also pretty strong indications that they've all suffered massive trauma of one form or another.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
My brain says bottom left but my heart says bottom right.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah I think this will be the first anime where the manga readers WANT a filler arc. :v:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Electric Phantasm posted:

Inosuke: But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not NORMAL!

Haha, that's exactly the line I thought of when that happened.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Fabricated posted:

It's weird that after this there's basically only two arcs left.

And like half the manga's chapters lol.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

davidHalestorm posted:

I didn't read the manga arcs that's before the Entertainment District arc. Did the anime add or expand scenes for those previous arc?

Aside for one episode for Infinity train, no. Its been a pretty 1:1 adaptation.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Anyone can become a demon it's just Muzan will melt you if he tries to put too many of his cells in you at once. It's why he can't churn out like 50 upper moon tier demons or whatever. Normally he's the only one that can make demons.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Shyrka posted:

Oh no he's hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Nah, that was the demon poo poo and ptsd

She lost all language faculty and didn't speak for 3 years. Ya ain't gonna be eloquent in the first five minutes after that poo poo wraps up.