Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I just caught up, what an amazing show!

I didn't like how the leaders were like, "She may kill humans so we can't trust her" while talking about killing a human. People who talk that easily about murder have probably killed some people and shouldn't really be judging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I just felt like, wow, these guys are going to gently caress up and kill the doctor lady dooming their world.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

dogsicle posted:

zenitsu's reactions are about as sane and reasonable as tanjiro's inhuman magnanimity imo

it's just that being a screeching coward isn't generally considered admirable, aspirational etc

I used to think so, but I don’t care if the medicine tastes like actual feces, I’m not risking my arms becoming stumps.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
This movie is going to make an incredible amount of money. Usually, anime movies get one or two showings at a scattering of theaters, and by me, there are at least 3 to 4 showtimes per day already scheduled out for two weeks past open. In comparison, The Wind Rises had a single slot per day for a weekend, and the AoT movie was shown all of twice.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I just watched this today, and I have a couple of questions. First, are the elemental effects actually happening, or is it more metaphorical like say Prince of Tennis where the ball catches on fire for effect? Also, how does he know the name of techniques for a style he never heard of before...is he just making it up?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
At the end

when he used that special fire technique to kill the train, he named it like he knew what it was. When he fought the spider and used these moves before, it appeared he was just mimicking what he saw and didn't really know what he was doing, but here he used what appeared to be a named move like he understood the forms.

I might be misunderstanding what happened though.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
The best part of the movie was watching the dreams. Legitimately hilarious.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I have a good audio system at home, but the theater just projects sound in a way that is unreal. This is one of the few movies I felt the theater experience was better than the home.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
On the Flashy guy, what does that tattoo represent on his eye? Is it like a clan thing? Just aesthetics?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
The tying up bondage stuff against the spider guy was as close as it ever got, otherwise it's just dog-like affection or pure rage machine.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
They sure picked a good animation studio (I know nothing about the industry so this may be an obvious thing). There is a lot of details I completely missed until I watched it a second time, like the demon ripping off her own leg to avoid the sword when I thought it was cut off .

Is this just how modern animation is now?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

christmas boots posted:

Zenitsu is so much cooler when he’s unconscious.

Does that eventually become his entire persona, or is it a gimmick?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
The end scene reminded me of Re:Zero when the giant Ice Spirit basically ended the world and the credits rolled as the snow fell. It's like basically you got the bad end in an RPG.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Tanjiro rear end pull by going demon slayer super saiyin: Oh ok sure fine plot armor booo
Inosuke rear end pull by literally moving his organs around: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I finally got caught up. Great episode, I knew Tanjiro's sudden scar change season 1 HAD to mean something.

To be honest I never noticed the scar change until they did that flashback and I was like "wait a minute". It's jarring how different it looks.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I thought that it was purposeful that the three wives were obviously pastiches of the three characters. Could just be author draws characters that look similar though (yellow hair, crybaby, mature level headed one)

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I'm being told by some friends who have seen it that they are adding some additional scenes and animation to the last two episodes.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Yeah, I bought tickets to this because I couldn't help myself.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
This is not so unique, Attack On Titan did the exact same thing making a recap movie that lead into the first episode of the season showing in theaters for like one or two days (like this). It's not being shown longer then that unlike the train movie which was in the theaters for months.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
The credits were the prefect time to get refills and bathroom breaks. More movies should have intermissions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Seeing it on the 24th. I liked what they did before, but wish it would get the attack on titan treatment where they reanimate and add new content in the runup to the new episode.