Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yawgmoft posted:

I am still 100% of the belief that they will not figure out international distribution of the movie before the new season starts.

They have a trailer for the English dub which claims "early 2021" so they're working on it at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9MQLhV2u2E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you live in Coral Gables and don't mind taking the risk of going to the theater you can see the movie starting this Friday. They're doing a special one week run for Oscar qualification purposes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sub and dub April 23rd for theatrical, June 22nd for home release.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Which is funny because they have a Japanese happy meal tie in

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

US movie tickets are now on sale.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My local theater isn't doing an IMAX showing for it. Which is probably for the best as the regular theaters seats are further apart. Years ago they switched to all recliners for regular theaters but the IMAX still uses regular stadium seating.

Got my tickets for Thursday night.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lot of sloppy crying in the movie as well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For an 8pm Thursday showing with limited seating available there sure were a lot of people in my theater. Also at least one group had little kids in it which was a real head scratcher.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here’s something funny about the va for Inosuke. In Japan he’s voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka who voices Kirito on Sword Art Online. In English Inosuke is voiced by Bryce Papenbrook, who also plays Kirito on SAO.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just checked my local movie theater website and discovered that the movie is still playing. I don't know if that says more about people wanting Demon Slayer or if there still isn't anything coming to theaters.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not a huge surprise but the movie hit physical last week in Japan and it proceeded to sell a million units (between blu-ray and dvd) in three days.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of funny how the movie was rated R in theaters but for streaming Funimation lists it as TV-14.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The new season technically starts October 10th but the first seven episodes will actually be a re-edit of the movie with one new episode to start it off. So really "new" episodes begin on December 5th.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Don't know if this is a top down mandate or something local but for some reason they're doing a lot more showings of the sub version versus dub. At my local theater the dub version gets one show a day at 10:30pm.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Went yesterday and yeah, the end of the Entertainment District arc is very impressive to see on a big screen. You can really tell that they're throwing a ton of money at this. One thing that was a little goofy about the viewing experience was how there were three sets of credits. They probably could have edited those out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I forgot how much of the backstory involves child death.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Most demon slayers have tragic backstories since you don't join the corp for fun. I think Zenitsu is the only member who doesn't have some kind of tragic death involved with why he joined.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GateOfD posted:

also that Love Hashira x Snake Hashira shipping scene...

Taisho era secret they write letters to each other all the time.

Also even though next week is the season finale it is a double length episode at 70 minutes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As a manga reader I did find it funny how hard they went with making you think Nezuko was dying/dead.

Also shocking news
https://twitter.com/kimetsu_off/status/1670454069234655233
Season 4, the Hashira Training Arc, is a go.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whatever he did to Muzan created demons because they all come from him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

Good lord I'll have to rewatch last season, I don't even remember where it ended.

It ended with Nezuko becoming a Daywalker.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

2 arcs. Hashira Training, then the final.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they split up the final arc with the majority of it being a season and then the actual final battle being a movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Hashira training theatrical special premieres next Thursday (the 22nd)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is interesting how the anime keeps teasing the Infinity Castle because they did that last season premiere too. Also for a Thursday night showing of an anime movie my theater was pretty full.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

People do seem to like them seeing as the last one made $56 million with 30 million of that just being Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Finally announced a premiere date, May 12th.