Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Farvann and Zimorog are two bedroom black metal artists that I follow p regularly. The former has a pretty funny and popular tutorial for making DSBM, but both of them usually only pull a few thousand views or so. They're both sterling examples of why I'd save YouTube's server farm from a burning inferno before Netflix's - people screwing around in their apartments and catering to niche audiences without any filters or producers telling them what to do are always more entertaining in the long run than A-listers with margins to worry about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I used to watch these claymation things made by a guy called Knox who has thankfully re-uploaded them to Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww4okdk0fko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGJ9wuk_Yyw

He also made a bunch of Matrix dubs that my teen self found hilarious. The quality is a bit poo poo now though because they were all made pre-youtube when everything was flash animations. I remember spending AGES waiting for my dumb dial up internet to load that poo poo.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Don't know why the video doesn't work for me and its not on his channel but still always good for a listen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AnAOXVFoNk

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

facebook jihad posted:

There was a jump scare video about subliminal messages on AB that loving scared the poo poo out of me when I was in high school.

I remember that, it hosed me up good for a few days.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dragonstoned posted:

I used to watch these claymation things made by a guy called Knox who has thankfully re-uploaded them to Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww4okdk0fko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGJ9wuk_Yyw

He also made a bunch of Matrix dubs that my teen self found hilarious. The quality is a bit poo poo now though because they were all made pre-youtube when everything was flash animations. I remember spending AGES waiting for my dumb dial up internet to load that poo poo.

Holy gently caress, I was just thinking about these last week and have no idea why I didn't mention them here. I loved them so much.

I still find myself saying "pulling, pulling, pulling... I'm pulling you..." whenever I'm... well.... pulling something (innocent, like my kids in a sled, through the snow).

that dog ate a bee
Sep 24, 2007

this dog ate a bee
Nap Ghost
Welcome To The Scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIs_5nfJKu4

Watch elite hackers rip Alexander(?) on the dark web of mirc and aol instance messenger.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i was very into rathergood.com, the crab of ineffable wisdom was a spiritual mascot for me.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
Vince Collins' (Malice in Wonderland, etc) recent 3d animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnvPkQS9su0

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

b mad at me posted:

That Flash animation site that looked like Night Driver and played house music that said "I can't wait for the weekend to begin!"

I've tried to find it in my ancient bookmarks, but I guess I lost it

A million years late but I think you're looking for tane.us

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

torgo posted:

I'm not 100% sure of the story with this show, but I think the gist of it was that Trey Parker and Matt Stone got a dump truck full of money to make a show for an official Adobe flash showcase site, with full creative control. Adobe expected South Park with the numbers filed off. Instead they got an extended handjob scene in the first episode, and that necrophiliac sex scene in the second episode. Trey and Matt got out of having to produce any more episodes of the show, but kept all the money.

Literally the plot of not only the producers, but rockos modern Life wacky deli.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

lo carb Lo Pan posted:

ThanatosOfOne
Mar 24, 2009
I watched a thing called Snack Boy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snack_Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU2QJYtJaKk

ThanatosOfOne fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 11, 2019

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Did anyone else see Chilly Beach back in the day?

It started as a flash cartoon but eventually got a full tv run on CBC, and wow was it bad. I'm pretty sure I only watched it when my parents were in the same room, as it was far less violent than most internet content at the time. I think there were a few good Canadian jokes in there, but the rest was just trash.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Did anyone else see Chilly Beach back in the day?

It started as a flash cartoon but eventually got a full tv run on CBC, and wow was it bad. I'm pretty sure I only watched it when my parents were in the same room, as it was far less violent than most internet content at the time. I think there were a few good Canadian jokes in there, but the rest was just trash.

canadian media is almost universally awful

except like, the red green show, and maybe 2 or 3 other shows.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Junk posted:

canadian media is almost universally awful

except like, the red green show, and maybe 2 or 3 other shows.

Letterkenny, 19-2, Schitt's Creek (apparently, haven't seen it, though), Kids in the Hall, Kenny vs Spenny, and.... well, Ken Finkleman's The Newsroom, from back in 1997, was pretty loving great, but I feel like I was the only one who ever watched it.

I agree with your point, because I could probably name about 10x more shows from the US/UK that are better, but yeah, we have some good stuff.

The talent that came out of SCTV was far, far better than the actual show, most of the time, though maybe I'd appreciate it more now.

Lindy Hopscotch
Mar 30, 2010

You know the story about the scorpion and the frog?
Zthing.com - Britney Spears parody

https://youtu.be/GgDFxEdpM5Y

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
Back when The Escapist was profitable and had videos other than ZP on it there was this dorky yet still charming series called Doomsday Arcade made by a group of Australian kids. The main guy behind it has his own youtube channel now called timtimfed and even had a TV series (on Australian TV that is so probably doesn't quite count as success) called Wizards of Oz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYW6SY6MIOw

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

How about The Oblongs

Anybody remember The Oblongs

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
something something something chemical spill, caused by the people living up on a hill

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

spleen merchant posted:

You lose Burnt Face Man! You lose arguments every day, and you're the shittest man to ever wear orange!

I'm not gay

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I used to think Space Ghost Coast to Coast was really niche when I was young. So many jokes I didn't even understand but I felt cool for staying up late enough to catch it. It was so sporadic too- you might get a 15 minute episode, a 30 minute episode, 2-3 15 minutes episodes.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

I felt this way too. I'd keep laughing, not fully understanding why...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Twelve Batmans posted:

I used to think Space Ghost Coast to Coast was really niche when I was young. So many jokes I didn't even understand but I felt cool for staying up late enough to catch it. It was so sporadic too- you might get a 15 minute episode, a 30 minute episode, 2-3 15 minutes episodes.

I still love it, and it was my first real exposure to that sort of random and ridiculous type of humour in a show, and it therefore pre-ruined other stuff like ATHF and Squidbillies, though I don't get the appeal of the latter whatsoever.

SG was the best. :colbert:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Ah man Squidbillies is the best it reminds me so much of the rednecks I used to have to live around

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Squidbillies was by far the best of all of those dumb random cartoons of that era. They just cranked the absurdity up to 11 and it was pretty great.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I still love it, and it was my first real exposure to that sort of random and ridiculous type of humour in a show, and it therefore pre-ruined other stuff like ATHF and Squidbillies, though I don't get the appeal of the latter whatsoever.

SG was the best. :colbert:

Really the only thing that came close in Adult Swim is the Murphy seasons of Sealab 2021.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Side note, something i learned on a different thread: the guys behind those old decline of videogaming videos, the super flash brothers, ended up being the developers of snipperclips, so im glad they landed a job with ninty

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Probably when you posted that vlog series of you begging for your exgf back and threatening to kill yourself, OP.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the squidbillies theme song is extremely powerful but I never know what to do with that information

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYakrSp9DqM
🎵 My dreeaaams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode.

When God comes and calls me to his kingdom, 🎵

I'll take all ya sons a bitches when I go.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I unironically want this hat:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
my favorite obscure show on a television network owned by ted turner was wcw monday nitro

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I unironically want this hat:

If your username is accurate, it could work

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

lo carb Lo Pan posted:

Better late than never my friend. That was driving me crazy.

Apparently since Flash is taboo these days they've added a "disclaimer" page

Go here to see the aweseome thing I was talking about (not in Firefox)

http://tane.us/weekend.html

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Hardawn posted:

Probably when you posted that vlog series of you begging for your exgf back and threatening to kill yourself, OP.

lmao what

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

WatermelonGun posted:

my favorite obscure show on a television network owned by ted turner was wcw monday nitro

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Twelve Batmans posted:

It basically was if you watched it in like 94-95. I was a bored kid so I'd look in the TV guide and try to watch all the cartoons I'd never see but to do that I'd have to stay up real late and see the stuff that was on cartoon network late. I only knew like screwball humor type of cartoons then so when I caught SGCTC it was like what? What is this? There's real people on this too. And I didn't just have the internet to go search for it and have a wiki or forum that could just reveal every little detail about the show and its production and ruin the magic in a sense. Nobody at school knew what I was talking about. I told my dad about it and got him to tape it when it came on so I could watch it whenever without staying up. Then I told him they said the n-word in one of the episodes and he didn't like that but I eventually convinced him I had made that up.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

It basically was if you watched it in like 94-95. I was a bored kid so I'd look in the TV guide and try to watch all the cartoons I'd never see but to do that I'd have to stay up real late and see the stuff that was on cartoon network late. I only knew like screwball humor type of cartoons then so when I caught SGCTC it was like what? What is this? There's real people on this too. And I didn't just have the internet to go search for it and have a wiki or forum that could just reveal every little detail about the show and its production and ruin the magic in a sense. Nobody at school knew what I was talking about. I told my dad about it and got him to tape it when it came on so I could watch it whenever without staying up. Then I told him they said the n-word in one of the episodes and he didn't like that but I eventually convinced him I had made that up.

I learned about it when I listened to an interview with John Flansburg from TMBG. He was talking about being interviewed on SGC2C, and how there was a pronounced V-effect, which basically means that it broke the fourth wall. I thought 'Oh, neat, I should check this out sometime!' and thanks to limewire (ugh) back in 2002, I ended up downloading and watching a ton of episodes. I never actually caught the show when it initially aired, and I wish I had, but :canada:

Anyway, when I finally got to see the episode that Flansburg was on (I think it was the Kentucky Shark one), he's not actually in it with any lines. He literally blips onto the interview screen for about 2 seconds, and then it shifts to someone else.

:psyduck:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I remember when Space Ghost had on Thurston Moore from Sonic Youth and it was just a still shot of SG’s desk and him sitting there with his mouth open while guitar feedback was playing for several full minutes. Then I think they cut to Thurston with sunglasses on and the credits rolled. It was brilliant.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

And oddly enough, the Weird Al episode was the worst one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

crabcakes dogg posted:

Also who was that white guy that made goofy videos and had a sort of ace ventura look to him?

sock baby