Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Does the Playstation version have equivalent items, or do PC players just get an overpowered truck early?

There were even a couple of Mario references in a late-game cutscene. Kojima doesn't give a poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Wonder what Kojima thinks of the Half Life games.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I tried Soulstice, since it was free on EGS and do have interest in the genre and I'm loving greeted with this

You know it's a quality product when the game doesn't manage to get stable framerate even with all of the PCs resources still available, all because every single calculation is done on a single cpu thread, like we're back in pre-2002 era.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

A good poster posted:

No one's even going to use this thread to discuss Epic laying off 16% of its staff? It's not exactly appropriate for the Steam thread, is it?

It's discussed in the Game Industry Dysfunction thread, because it's one more case of what's wrong in that trade. Timmy's shares aren't climbing fast enough, so 900 people get laid off, Bandcamp gets sold, etc.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jack Trades posted:

I tried Soulstice, since it was free on EGS and do have interest in the genre and I'm loving greeted with this

You know it's a quality product when the game doesn't manage to get stable framerate even with all of the PCs resources still available, all because every single calculation is done on a single cpu thread, like we're back in pre-2002 era.

I played Soulstice on PS5 and it's a good 8 hour game stretched out to 20 hours.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
A couple things have come up wrt the Epic Games Store recently:

EGS briefly added, then removed a new "The Batman (2022)" movie skin for Arkham Knight, it is speculated this skin was intended to be a brand new promo skin to launch with the very late Switch port of the game and Epic is so mismanaged due to firing all their staff that someone accidentally pulled the launch lever early

What are the consequences to Tim Sweeny welcoming crypto scam games to his platform with open arms? Could the EGS be flooded with terribad games faster than you can say "steam greenlight" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJdCbSohWdI

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 31, 2023

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

jauwn has been a great new youtuber. more than half the crypto scamtier poo poo he's covered comes installed straight from EGS baby

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Is there a way to change what's the initial page when opening up the EGS client? I'm sick of seeing Alan Wake 2's face for the last month

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Unless they changed it somewhat recently, no.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Saw that screenshot earlier today, and it's actually my passport info I'm worried about.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Epic is denying it for now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've never bought anything on there so they won't have my credit card info, and I have 2-factor authentication, but still a good reminder to update my password to be on the safe side, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/news/apple-terminated-epic-s-developer-account
https://twitter.com/EpicNewsroom/status/1765416594141028825

"We recently announced that Apple approved our Epic Games Sweden AB developer account. We intended to use that account to bring the Epic Games Store and Fortnite to iOS devices in Europe thanks to the Digital Markets Act (DMA). To our surprise, Apple has terminated that account and now we cannot develop the Epic Games Store for iOS. This is a serious violation of the DMA and shows Apple has no intention of allowing true competition on iOS devices. "

"Apple said one of the reasons they terminated our developer account only a few weeks after approving it was because we publicly criticized their proposed DMA compliance plan. Apple cited this X post from this thread written by Tim Sweeney. Apple is retaliating against Epic for speaking out against Apple’s unfair and illegal practices, just as they’ve done to other developers time and time again. "

https://www.reuters.com/technology/eu-regulators-seek-details-escalating-apple-epic-games-spat-2024-03-07/

"Apple reiterated on Thursday that it exercised its rights which has been determined by courts.
"Epic's egregious breach of its contractual obligations to Apple led courts to determine that Apple has the right to terminate 'any or all of Epic Games' wholly owned subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or other entities under Epic Games' control at any time and at Apple’s sole discretion'," an Apple spokesperson said.
"In light of Epic’s past and ongoing behavior, Apple chose to exercise that right.""

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-03-07/apple-set-to-be-quizzed-by-eu-over-fortnite-maker-shutout
"Fines for violating these rules can be as much as 10% of a company’s total annual worldwide revenue, and 20% for firms that repeatedly flout the rules."

OgNar fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Mar 7, 2024