Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Broken Cog posted:

They're enforcing artificial exclusivity rather than trying to deliver a better product, which is annoying enough that I'll probably just wait until the exclusive games get released on all platforms (or buy it from the publisher directly, like with the new Anno).

One could argue that paying the game makers more money IS "making a better product"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Everyone else takes 30%. Apple, Google, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, 30% is an industry standard.

"Everyone is doing it" is not a valid argument.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

The entire community aspect of Steam is just pointless bloatware and I wish there was a "lite" version of the program that didn't have any of it included so I could just use it to buy/download/launch games and configure my controllers so I can keep avoiding going back to DS4Windows. I will never log onto steam Friends again.

A-freaking-men.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The big games industry crash of 1984 was mostly caused by nobody curating the quality of games released

I mean just saying

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nah it was because stores literally ran out of space for all the shovelware, to say nothing of the many new systems coming out, and since nobody was curating the releases consumers would get tired of trying new games only to find out that they're completely unplayable poo poo

Which sounds kinda familiar :thunk: