Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm toxxing on that too. Alp no less than three terms (and a movie)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
I went back and read the Chris Uhlmann piece claiming Scomo can win just to see if there is anything concrete to worry about. Nope. The piece said absolutely nothing except "scomo needs to run a perfect campaign". Great. That's the kind of rigorous thinking that brings me to ninefax.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet posted:

I'm toxxing on that too. Alp no less than three terms (and a movie)

Anidav you have to remember that, when you take over the site in 6 years in a 'last man standing' kinda way and rename it to somethinganidav, I toxxed on this.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Amethyst posted:

I went back and read the Chris Uhlmann piece claiming Scomo can win just to see if there is anything concrete to worry about. Nope. The piece said absolutely nothing except "scomo needs to run a perfect campaign". Great. That's the kind of rigorous thinking that brings me to ninefax.

Acting like it's a sports carnival where perfect performances count is doubly dumb as gently caress. He's got absolutely no footing for a decent, let alone good campaign.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

The gist of that piece imho was that it is possible for slogan bogan to win, but only if everything goes absolutely right for him. Uhlmann was highlighting the size of the challenge, not spruiking that Scomo has the momentum of a runaway freight train, why is he so popular?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Ready for a 36 day punching match (out the front of engadine maccas)

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Captian GeUp and Non Sequitur Man, together they fight against brain farts

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Pretty excited to get some Shorten/Trump transcripts.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Amethyst posted:

Oh good. I love shuffling my bookmarks around like a bureaucrat so I can keep up with Jonah Galtberg jokes about ndis recipients being dumb. In fact I think the election requires a new OP every week

Hey, I wish I was as loving woeful witty as Jonah, but that’s my cross to bear

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

hambeet posted:

on election night i plan to eat a whole stuffed crust pizza, and drink fancy red wine straight from the bottle.

what's your flavour?

Which Maccas are you going to visit for the after party

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Amethyst posted:

If scomo loses its because of cultural Marxism and/or the extremist renewables death cult

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Good OP voted 5

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Solemn Sloth posted:

Which Maccas are you going to visit for the after party

I'm booking out the whole playroom for my self.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*local man shits himself in maccas ballpit*

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The next time I go up to Sydney, I plan on making a trip to the Engadine McDonalds. Just to see what about it is so sublimely beautiful that it makes true blue dinki di battlers like ScoMo void their bowels.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Amethyst posted:

Probably. The question is, how long will Bill be PM? 12 years? 20?

6 max.

The economy is going to go in the poo poo in the next couple of years, but Labor will manage to get out the message enough that it's a consequence of the Libs to scrape into a second term. Part of the way they manage to get this message across will be through seeming safe and predictable and avoiding the leadership nonsense we've seen over the past decade from both parties.

Things will still stay down as a new global recession hits (it will be 14-15 years from the GFC at that point, time for another downturn) and Australia will feel the brunt of it as resources prices are lower and there is little room to drop interest rates further. It will be long enough in at that point that the electorate holds Labor to blame and the Coalition will Bradbury their way into power again.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Amethyst posted:

Probably. The question is, how long will Bill be PM? 12 years? 20?

Two terms is the absolute most you can hope for, and even that requires a fight. Don't underestimate how radically different the media coverage of a labor government is to that of an lnp government.

Also, I'm not 100% confident of a labor win. I am eternally pessimistic.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

norp posted:

I do however think that we will get a obstructive senate.
There is an outside chance that Labor and the Greens can control the Senate.

Labor + Greens + Center Alliance (+Hinch) is pretty plausible though, which seems workable.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Moon Atari posted:

Two terms is the absolute most you can hope for, and even that requires a fight. Don't underestimate how radically different the media coverage of a labor government is to that of an lnp government.

Also, I'm not 100% confident of a labor win. I am eternally pessimistic.

over the span or two terms its likely murdoch will kick it, and isn't it anticipated that his empire will be split up?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Avengers: Engadine

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

hambeet posted:

over the span or two terms its likely murdoch will kick it, and isn't it anticipated that his empire will be split up?

Or run into the ground by Lachlan

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Was wondering what slap fight got the old thread locked, when the actual reason was something far worse.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Just new thread time

We used to have monthly new threads, now we trigger a new thread on a new government... which is roughly the same.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Krazyface posted:

Please change the thread title

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Krazyface posted:

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I second the motion mista speakah.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

If someone does the hard work of making some stupid auspol/avengers photoshops I’ll even write up the worst effort post on the election possible so beet doesn’t look like the lazy shitcunt he is

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Do the right thing and make Shorten ant-man

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Shorten was The Question when I did the DC version.

gotta poo
Mar 14, 2019

by VideoGames
when you gotta poo you gotta poo (your pants in maccas)

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Looking forward to the LNP getting stomped in Victoria and Queensland, the 2 best states.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

Do the right thing and make Shorten ant-man

edit: Better, more frame-friendly version

Don Dongington fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 11, 2019

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

You forgot about this guy didn’t you. Everyone did. Big mistake Thanos.

He got his name when he murdered Anthony albanese in a lab challenge. Well, some say it was murder but the rules of the lab challenge were very clear. This little guy has a few big surprises in store.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
in a Rocky voice: Engadine!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Sometimes big things come in small targets.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

time to kill this govt

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Short-Man doing his first presser of the election soon.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Ok someone do Peter Dutton as thanos I’m warmed up

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

As always, Dennis and Ken are ready for duty (and for a proper OP for goodness' sake).

You WILL still encounter people who think they 'have to' vote for Labor or the Coalition, or have to follow a how-to-vote card for their vote to count. A lot of new voters; a lot of old voters who just aren't Extremely Online™.

• Proper website (with PDFs for printing, including a black-and-white version): http://www.chickennation.com/voting/

• Support the project if you can: https://ko-fi.com/S6S6Q7VO
(I am a professional doing this poo poo for free. It's a lot of work. I'm working on a Senate voting comic at the moment and obviously want to have it done by May.)

• Imgur gallery (if you need to hotlink images): https://imgur.com/gallery/5SaXrob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I love you flufftums