Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He's getting US black sited soon then. Funny that its the president he helped who will do it

https://twitter.com/rosskempsell/status/1116273559234596864

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
finally someone will change his cats litter box

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If your room still smells like catshit by the end of the week, Julian, I swear to--

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
hopefully he doesn't get sent to guantanamo or whatever

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
lol gently caress em

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Being let go is the funniest outcome here

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
get clapped

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
they targeted gamers

gamers

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
Huge beard does not do Assange any favors

https://twitter.com/barnabynerberka/status/1116275982518898688

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/telesurenglish/status/1116284830650650624

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I do not like julian assange but the prospect of his extradition fills me with dread

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

bitmap posted:

I do not like julian assange but the prospect of his extradition fills me with dread

Why? There is really no paradigm that would change.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

At least he will have to wash now

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Also reminder that you should reread this excellent long piece about assange from the guy that ghost wrote his autobiography

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n05/andrew-ohagan/ghosting

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Sedisp posted:

Why? There is really no paradigm that would change.

assange isn't a hill I'd even stub my toe on let alone die, but I guess whistleblowers and people supporting the platform on which they blow getting blackbagged is not good

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Ho ho ho you've not seen the last of slippery jules I think

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yeah rip

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1116291181594533890

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

yeah he's hosed

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
give us assange or you get the chlorinated chicken

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
he going in a supermax

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
that's probably bad but he's hosed because the ecuadorians got sick of him and the libs in the U.S. won't rally to him (if that would even matter) because the feds say he played footsie with roger stone to help trump. and as far as the chuds are concerned, he's a spent bullet.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
this fuckin moron couldn't stop doing Crimes and loving over the country that's keeping him alive, a Manafort 2 if you will

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
what did he do to piss off ecuador besides not clean the kitty litter

Fados
Jan 7, 2013
I like Malcolm X, I can't be racist!

Put this racist dipshit on ignore immediately!
A literal hero that will get disappeared a tortured while US 'leftists' cheer on

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

cargo cult posted:

what did he do to piss off ecuador besides not clean the kitty litter

Interfered with the politics of allies, tried to mess with their HSM in the embassy, spoke out about Ecuadorian politics, didn't shower.

If you read that piece I linked he has a long track record of pissing off everyone who tries to help him.

A shame because wikileaks could have been a good thing.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i cant read the whole thing just now, which allies' politics did he get involved in??

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Fados posted:

A literal hero that will get disappeared a tortured while US 'leftists' cheer on

He was granted Asylum even under pressure from Sweden, the UK, the US and in return was asked only to stop loving with ecuadors international allies' politics and not gently caress with the embassy systems. He spat in their faces, he's not exactly a hero

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fados posted:

Hero lmao

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Interfered with the politics of allies, tried to mess with their HSM in the embassy, spoke out about Ecuadorian politics, didn't shower.

If you read that piece I linked he has a long track record of pissing off everyone who tries to help him.

A shame because wikileaks could have been a good thing.

that's a big part of why i hate him, actually

he personally and in detail trashed the entire enterprise because he's a narcissistic shitbag

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Blister posted:

finally someone will change his cats litter box

cat was adopted out already because assange bad

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the easiest thing to hate assange for is that he is a sex creep that tried to leverage his political position to avoid having to face harassment charges.

the idea that going to sweden had a higher chance of getting extradited to the us than hanging out in the uk was always bullshit on its face.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
im not exactly thrilled to see this happen since he's already served at least the equivalent of five years under house arrest

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
real alien v predator situation here

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Socks4Hands posted:

im not exactly thrilled to see this happen since he's already served at least the equivalent of five years under house arrest

his own bad decisions. i am entirely persuaded that had he just gone to sweden the case would have been dropped, and he would have run a far lesser chance of extradition. and, either which way, the justice system really should not take into account weirdo situations he managed to create by having powerful friends and political influence.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

bitmap posted:

bitmap posted:

assange isn't a hill I'd even stub my toe on let alone die, but I guess whistleblowers and people supporting the platform on which they blow getting blackbagged is not good

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
about drat time

let's hope he didn't hoard the keys and passwords to WikiLeaks all the way to the very end like the narcissistic piece of poo poo he was

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i wonder if the millionth person that gets betrayed by dimald trmmep the second its convenient to do so gets a prize or something

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

bitmap posted:

yea all the people super happy that this guy is getting turbofucked by the law are also the same people who disagree with me on every major political issue, so...

obviously he should serve his time for the actual crime he did, like the rape and everything, but seeing people go all :toot: WE GOT HIM :toot: is...troubling. being super hyped about anyone getting locked up is always kind of weird, short of them being a spree killer or something like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Can the swedish prosecutor re-open the case and charge him again?