Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

GreyjoyBastard posted:

cat was adopted out already because assange bad

🙏

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://gifsound.com/?gifv=bx4bOFf&v=XebF2cgmFmU&s=35

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

WampaLord posted:

obviously he should serve his time for the actual crime he did, like the rape and everything, but seeing people go all :toot: WE GOT HIM :toot: is...troubling

:chloe:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i'm not gonna donate to his gofundme or whatever, relax. rape bad and rapists should be jailed but the people celebrating this super hard aren't just happy about a rapist being jailed they think he's a traitor to the us

bitmap posted:

assange isn't a hill I'd even stub my toe on let alone die, but I guess whistleblowers and people supporting the platform on which they blow getting blackbagged is not good

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

ted hitler posted:

Can the swedish prosecutor re-open the case and charge him again?

until 2020 yeah, but the prosecutor did claim that they wouldn't bother unless he ended up setting foot in sweden, so unlikely

for a lot of other posts: i do want to point out that absolutely nothing not a direct result of the sexual assault case has happened yet, so perhaps save the hand-wringing over this for a little bit.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Jose posted:

Being let go is the funniest outcome here

extradition, conviction then pardon.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

extradition, conviction then pardon.
Then being extradited to Sweden and convicted.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

WampaLord posted:

i'm not gonna donate to his gofundme or whatever, relax. rape bad and rapists should be jailed but the people celebrating this super hard aren't just happy about a rapist being jailed they think he's a traitor to the us
if being a rapist somehow wasnt bad enough he also has obvious fascist sympathies

coathat
May 21, 2007

Finally a thread where everyone can cheer for trump and the suppression of US war crimes

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
what was his real value as a whistle blower anyway? he didn’t get the big things wikileaks dropped, he just made himself the center of attention.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

coathat posted:

Finally a thread where everyone can cheer for trump and the suppression of US war crimes

Including the bozo brigade saying poo poo like ah, he should have just gone to sweden... they wouldn't have sent him to be tortured in the us from there.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
oh yes I also forgot about the rapes, bad man, bad man

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
prediction: he is transferred to us custody, then dies after a brief period of illness

coathat
May 21, 2007

Lets get seal team six on Snowden too. Anyone else y’all want rounded up? Maybe trump can put Chelsea Manning back in solitary.

coathat
May 21, 2007

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Including the bozo brigade saying poo poo like ah, he should have just gone to sweden... they wouldn't have sent him to be tortured in the us from there.

And that’s why it’s good that he’s being sent to be tortured in the US.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
*ecuadorian embassy workers rummaging around*

hey what's this bag of wet hot dogs sitting here past its expiration date?

oh it's julian assange!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

coathat posted:

Lets get seal team six on Snowden too. Anyone else y’all want rounded up? Maybe trump can put Chelsea Manning back in solitary.

chelsea is currently in us custody

u may continue

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

We'll have a 5 year battle about his autism precluding him from going to the states like every other hacker

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Blister posted:

He was granted Asylum even under pressure from Sweden, the UK, the US and in return was asked only to stop loving with ecuadors international allies' politics and not gently caress with the embassy systems. He spat in their faces, he's not exactly a hero

he's a hero to russians, the alt right, trump, and fascists!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mariana Horchata posted:

chelsea is currently in us custody

u may continue

libs cheered for that too

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fados posted:

A literal hero that will get disappeared a tortured while US 'leftists' cheer on

lmao

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
lol it's gonna be fun watching julian get black bagged by the people he worships

leaks are good, but wikileaks was bad after manning tbqh, there are better platforms run by people who aren't jacking themselves off

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

MysteriousStranger posted:

he's a hero to russians, the alt right, trump, and fascists!

Post in the debate and discussion forum please.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
why did he kiss trumps rear end so much lol

fat lot of good it did

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
that's the way the kitty litter crumbles

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Wikileaks was bad for leaks because they just dumped everything without redactions instead actually going through the material and choosing what was in the public interest which makes it much harder to claim you're leaking vs just dumping whatever you classified poo poo you could get your hands on because gently caress you dad

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Wikileaks was bad for leaks because they just dumped everything without redactions instead actually going through the material and choosing what was in the public interest which makes it much harder to claim you're leaking vs just dumping whatever you classified poo poo you could get your hands on because gently caress you dad

Wikileaks is bad because they outed CIA spies. You heard it here first folks, send this guy away to be tortured by the us.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Reminder: Sweden handed over 2 men to the CIA who tortured them in Egypt in 2001.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repatriation_of_Ahmed_Agiza_and_Muhammad_al-Zery

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/andycam_/status/1116288106582331393?s=19

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Drunkboxer posted:

why did he kiss trumps rear end so much lol

fat lot of good it did

quoting this for when the inevitable trump pardon comes in

:chaostrump:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Wikileaks is bad because they outed CIA spies. You heard it here first folks, send this guy away to be tortured by the us.

You can report on the clandestine activities of the CIA without revealing the names of their interpreters. Dumping everything in one go also reduces its impact

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

honestly the problem was more he wanted to rope out leaks to try to keep his name on the news, redactions are bad, collaborators in imperial ventures had it coming

coathat
May 21, 2007

You can report on the clandestine activities of the CIA without revealing the names of their interpreters. Dumping everything in one go also reduces its impact

gently caress off. I want everything not some redacted curated bullshit

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

bad at leaks because the public was given everything :thunk:

it's ok to think assange bad but you don't have to stan for the cia.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wasn’t Assange one of the guys that threw Chelsea under the buss in the first place?

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Wasn’t Assange one of the guys that threw Chelsea under the buss in the first place?

No. She got ratted out by some hacker that she was talking to on aim.

Hank_Kingsley
Mar 31, 2019

Panzeh posted:

lol it's gonna be fun watching julian get black bagged by the people he worships

leaks are good, but wikileaks was bad after manning tbqh, there are better platforms run by people who aren't jacking themselves off

such as?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

curiouscat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

The pedosta emails gave us pizzagate

Rip to a real rear end dude