Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I guess he’s now “collateral damage” :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's cool how incredibly gullible and stupid people on this forum and twitter are. Lord knows how some posters here can breathe and walk at the same time.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/GuyReuters/status/1116317129559674881

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Plutonis posted:

It's cool how incredibly gullible and stupid people on this forum and twitter are. Lord knows how some posters here can breathe and walk at the same time.

I never leave my computer chair so that strikes one from the list

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

the importance of personal hygiene 1
growing a beard 0

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

time to torture another folk

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Inept posted:

time to torture another folk

:stoked:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Jose posted:

He's getting US black sited soon then. Funny that its the president he helped who will do it

https://twitter.com/rosskempsell/status/1116273559234596864

thats great news

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm sure this will not at all be a negative influence on future potential whistleblowers of war crimes and general crimes against humanity to come forward

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

What's going on in here?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

that's probably bad but he's hosed because the ecuadorians got sick of him and the libs in the U.S. won't rally to him (if that would even matter) because the feds say he played footsie with roger stone to help trump. and as far as the chuds are concerned, he's a spent bullet.

i dont think ive ever seen anyone play the game as badly as assange, gently caress em i hope he dies

coathat
May 21, 2007

Katt posted:

What's going on in here?

MAGA. Get in we’re saving America

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

WampaLord posted:

i'm not gonna donate to his gofundme or whatever, relax. rape bad and rapists should be jailed but the people celebrating this super hard aren't just happy about a rapist being jailed they think he's a traitor to the us

actually, I'm celebrating super hard because he's an antisemitic shitbag who ran WikiLeaks into the ground as soon as it made him famous, and tried to claim the US government faked rape accusations against him

Taintrunner posted:

I'm sure this will not at all be a negative influence on future potential whistleblowers of war crimes and general crimes against humanity to come forward

you're right. it probably won't be

anyone who was still willing to leak after seeing what happened to Manning, Reality Winner, and the countless non-famous whistleblowers the Obama administration prosecuted isn't going to be put off by what happens to a pro-Trump rapist who deliberately suppressed leaks that might make the GOP look bad

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

coathat posted:

Eh sure. Just this one time then I'm back on the wagon.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Katt posted:

What's going on in here?

The side of the political spectrum that is supposed to favor rehabilitative justice is super :stoked: about the possibility of a man getting executed for leaking information.

coathat posted:

eta:

Main Paineframe posted:

actually, I'm celebrating super hard because he's an antisemitic shitbag who ran WikiLeaks into the ground as soon as it made him famous, and tried to claim the US government faked rape accusations against him

that shouldn't come with a death sentence, though? like what is going on here with the celebrating. hell yea torture people everyday 420 blaze it

WampaLord has issued a correction as of 14:16 on Apr 11, 2019

coathat
May 21, 2007

Scratch a liberal

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

WampaLord posted:

The side of the political spectrum that is supposed to favor rehabilitative justice is super :stoked: about the possibility of a man getting executed for leaking information.

But what if. Hypothetically. Said guy is a complete rear end in a top hat, a rapist and a Russians stooge in the service of the GOP at the expense of global democracy?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i dont actually want him dead but i also dont have the slightest bit of simpathy for him. maybe next time he should consider not supporting actual fascists

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sooo what do you think, suicide by gunshot to the back of the head or being disappeared into some gulag friendly Cuban military base?

Either way it's not like there's ever consequences so he'll be made example of more than his accomplice imo.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

that shouldn't come with a death sentence, though? like what is going on here with the celebrating.

Geez, how many STD's did Pam Anderson give him?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

coathat posted:

Scratch a liberal

oh drat i scratched a liberal and a diary full of entries titled "Julian Assange is a hero" fell out

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Katt posted:

But what if. Hypothetically. Said guy is a complete rear end in a top hat, a rapist and a Russians stooge in the service of the GOP at the expense of global democracy?

That still shouldn't come with a death sentence? Are we just pro death penalty now because Assange is worth it?

:psyduck:

coathat
May 21, 2007

babypolis posted:

i dont actually want him dead but i also dont have the slightest bit of simpathy for him. maybe next time he should consider not supporting actual fascists

-person supporting actual fascists

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

coathat posted:

why dont you go suck off your rapist nazi loving daddy

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

babypolis posted:

coathat
May 21, 2007

Buddy you’re the one cheering for Trump

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

coathat posted:

Buddy you’re the one cheering for Trump

buddy you are loving dumb as hell

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
he's not gonna be executed, you idiots

good job buying into his conspiracy bullshit about how he just had to flee the rape accusations or the mean old government would torture and disappear him, a minor nobody that the government will lose all interest in as soon as he gives up all his passwords in exchange for a sweetheart deal

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

*Aretha Franklin voice*

All I'm askin'
Is for a little moral consistency about whether we're pro torture/death penalty when you get home (just a little bit)
Hey baby (just a little bit) when you get home
(Just a little bit) mister (just a little bit)

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

coathat posted:

the us state is fascist. doesn't mean assange didn't also support fascists.

fun thing about fascism is that they stab each other all the time because it's about personal power grabbing and once someone isn't valuable anymore they are disposed of

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

WampaLord posted:

That still shouldn't come with a death sentence? Are we just pro death penalty now because Assange is worth it?

:psyduck:

It shouldn't? Are you sure? Did you see the rapist part?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

WampaLord posted:

*Aretha Franklin voice*

All I'm askin'
Is for a little moral consistency about whether we're pro torture/death penalty when you get home (just a little bit)
Hey baby (just a little bit) when you get home
(Just a little bit) mister (just a little bit)

its more likely he gets pardoned than executed, my dude

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Katt posted:

It shouldn't? Are you sure? Did you see the rapist part?

Do you believe in rehabilitative justice or punitive justice, friendo?

Like this line of argument is why prisoners are treated so shittily, this is a dark road to go down.

e: vvv yikes

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

WampaLord posted:

Do you believe in rehabilitative justice or punitive justice, friendo?

Yeah up to a certain point but eventually you have to Old Yeller someone.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

a Loving Dog posted:

its more likely he gets pardoned than executed, my dude

amnesty for giving up as much information about manning and everyone else involved with wikileaks as possible, which, as any spineless sellout, assange will happily do. manning is the one who's more likely to be executed for treason or something, also anyone else who participated in wikileaks will probably be imprisoned

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

obviously in a vacuum torturing and executing ppl, specially whistleblowers, is bad. assange however has been doing a fantastic job of pissing everyone off and destroying and good will he might have had so yeah gently caress him. its just loving hilarious to me that this narcissistic turd thought siding with the nazis, who in their ideal world would of course execute ppl like assange in a second, was a good idea

babypolis has issued a correction as of 14:29 on Apr 11, 2019

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ecuador-assange-usa-charge/u-s-charges-wikileaks-founder-assange-with-conspiracy-idUKKCN1RN1R8?il=0

He's already way ahead of the dudes in Guantanamo in that he's being charged of a crime in an actual american court.

coathat
May 21, 2007

He’s so mean that why I’m for putting journalits behind bars for the crime of embarrassing the UNITED STATES!

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

I guess he’s now “collateral damage” :smug:

Sent to the glue factory like a real "crazy horse" :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Rodatose posted:

amnesty for giving up as much information about manning and everyone else involved with wikileaks as possible, which, as any spineless sellout, assange will happily do. manning is the one who's more likely to be executed for treason or something, also anyone else who participated in wikileaks will probably be imprisoned

rather than Manning, they'll probably want access to the WikiLeaks servers or at least the names and locations of the people running the servers

really, it's not WikiLeaks itself that's the real attraction here. it's the opportunity to find out what's been leaked to WikiLeaks that they didn't release or publish, and the names of leakers who haven't yet been caught

and yeah, Assange will happily give all that away in exchange for a sweetheart deal and some plausible deniability