Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Leon Einstein posted:

I really don't feel like there has been a cohesive arc in the first two, but maybe everything will make sense when this comes out.

The story is secondary to cool visuals and fan service. OMG REY IS PALPATINES GRANDDAUGHTER!

The dialectic thought explicit in the text of Lucas Wars is instead implicit in the structure of Disney Wars. TFA’s thesis and TLJ’s antithesis lead to TROS’s synthesis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I can’t wait for a digital corpse actor to tell me it’s actually about family.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

skasion posted:

The dialectic thought explicit in the text of Lucas Wars is instead implicit in the structure of Disney Wars. TFA’s thesis and TLJ’s antithesis lead to TROS’s synthesis

This is reminding of Mass Effect 3 in a bad way

I CHOOSE SYNTHESIS

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Leon Einstein posted:

I hope palpatine is puttering around underwater. That'd make sense.

He’s searching for...

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I can’t wait for billions of dollars and countless man-hours worth of painstakingly made forgettable cgi trash to tell me to buy more Disney products.

I also can’t wait until idiots on social media start telling me that seeing this movie and giving Disney money are very important political actions for the betterment of society.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

The only thing I want R2-D2 to do is turn on, show a hologram, and shut down. Last 2 movies did it, better not sure as gently caress break that streak now

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
After all is said and done, it is clear that on the whole SW is garbage. The OT movies were fun, but everything else is terrible.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

The Skeleton King posted:

I can’t wait for billions of dollars and countless man-hours worth of painstakingly made forgettable cgi trash to tell me to buy more Disney products.

I also can’t wait until idiots on social media start telling me that seeing this movie and giving Disney money are very important political actions for the betterment of society.

You’re forgetting one crucial army in the battle of stupid

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

man, im so tired of all these star wars

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

The war is just beginning

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Snow Cone Capone posted:

also this is absolutely the wreck of the death star which means the Emperor probably survived the end of ROTJ and is the real face behind the power, which is dumb as gently caress

e: like "evil force ghost emperor" would have been alright but "actually he's been living in the ruins of the giant space station we specifically saw explode into dust" is :wtc: as hell

or there was a third Death Star somewhere along the way. not sure which is dumber honestly

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

skasion posted:

The war is just beginning

we didn't listen to rian johnson. we didn't kill our parents :*(((((

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

or there was a third Death Star somewhere along the way. not sure which is dumber honestly

I do like the idea that it wiped out the Ewoks though

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the ewoks are fine

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Star Wars is fuckin' trash and has been since 1999.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 12, 2019

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Dre2Dee2 posted:

The only thing I want R2-D2 to do is turn on, show a hologram, and shut down. Last 2 movies did it, better not sure as gently caress break that streak now

The original actor died, what else could they do other than kill off the character entirely?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

WatermelonGun posted:

the ewoks are fine

It's less that I think they suck and more that I think it was silly that a moon-sized object got blown up right above them and then we see them partying with the main characters like giant metal shards aren't falling from the sky

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Star Wars Episode IX script written by the editors at Cracked.com

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Snow Cone Capone posted:

It's less that I think they suck and more that I think it was silly that a moon-sized object got blown up right above them and then we see them partying with the main characters like giant metal shards aren't falling from the sky

star wars dude. everyone saw that death star blow way the gently caress up yet here’s an instantly identifiable part for a big finale set piece.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it turns out bb-8 has a little baby skywalker inside the whole time

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Hairy Busey posted:

The original actor died, what else could they do other than kill off the character entirely?

CGI Kenny Baker :haw:

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
Luke was loving that green milk elephant morning, noon and night and produced many horrible little milk Jedis

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Snow Cone Capone posted:

It's possible that's not the moon of Endor (the ewok planet) but Endor itself.

And I'm going to blow my brains out for speculating about a star movie on the internet.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it's not milk

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's possible that's not the moon of Endor (the ewok planet) but Endor itself.

And I'm going to blow my brains out for speculating about a star movie on the internet.

Take me with you

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I guess it could be Yavin if it's the 1st Death Star but then why would the Emperor be living in it

please kill me too

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

WatermelonGun posted:

the ewoks are fine

yeah the "death star explosion killed all the ewoks!!!!!!!!" heterodoxy is simply not supported by the text.

it's hours later and the rebels are celebrating on the forest moon with the ewoks. everyone's happy, there are no planetary wildfires.

for whatever reason - tractor beams, deflector shields, mass shifting into hypserpsace, whatever - the explosion didn't kill the ewoks.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
This is no different to the TLJ trailer really, it’s just the same old OT fan service quick-cuts thing again. People are only excited because it’s new Star Wars content.

We’re still not seeing the “Wars” part that was prominent in the prequel trilogy; there’s been very little military focus so far in the new story so I can’t muster up much interest in this. Compare the world-building and variety of the PT with the new films, they are so far apart.

The timeline of TFA > TLJ is only a week or so though, so I suppose the wider galaxy hasn’t had time to react to current events, or for it to be shown to us as an audience. I still think Disney are really wasting the potential of the sequel trilogy in terms of story and worlds and the military elements.

psyman fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 12, 2019

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

What's the chances Jabba shows up

I'm taking bets with friends and I'm thinking sluggo will make a cameo

o ho ho ho ho~

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
also for all we know palps only shows up as a spooky force ghost

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
or maybe (haha) maybe he shows up as (lol) as a clone of himself! like the books!! (lmbo)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Palpatine's not back, some yoyo's been using deep machine learning to make holograms of Palpatine and broadcast them through the galaxy selling erectile dysfunction pills. The reistsnace has tracked down the origin of the spam holograms to the wreckage of the 3rd Death Star that Jabba the Hutt's family built (this part actually happened in the old books lol)

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Not sure what Luke's talking about in the trailer, she trained with him for like two days and obviously had more to tell him about the ways of the world than the other way around. Then she beat him up. It would be like if Luke threw Yoda into a tree halfway in and then he said "you have learned everything there is to know about the force"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Leaving Neverland: The "rise" of the moonwalker

:grin:

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 12, 2019

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Squashing Machine posted:

Not sure what Luke's talking about in the trailer, she trained with him for like two days and obviously had more to tell him about the ways of the world than the other way around. Then she beat him up. It would be like if Luke threw Yoda into a tree halfway in and then he said "you have learned everything there is to know about the force"

Just pretend the 2nd movie never happened

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Just pretend the 2nd movie never happened

That's what Disney is doin! :v:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/EntEarth/status/1116756494609870848

They glued a desk lamp/trumpet mute on a wheel and called it a character.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Skeleton King posted:

I hope the story goes nowhere and the characters act like loving morons the whole time.

They did that last time.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Bert Roberge posted:

https://twitter.com/EntEarth/status/1116756494609870848

They glued a desk lamp/trumpet mute on a wheel and called it a character.

so junkyard trash is displacing midget acting jobs

gently caress this economy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
lets hide this child from the evil anakin skywalker
step #1: put the child on anakin skywalkers home planet and not anywhere else in the galaxy
step #2: call the child luke skywalker. really get the skywalker name out there