Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
There are so many things they could have done to make the sequel trilogy not suck rear end and they did none of them. Each movie on it's own individually and the trilogy as a whole are just a master class in being awful in different ways

And then all the shows on D+, with the exception of the clone wars season 7 somehow, are all awful too. It's like someone built a history lesson to show how to completely crater a franchise

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Owlbear Camus posted:

Mando S1 and S2 were fine. Andor was sublime and better than a star war had any right to be.

Manda S1 and S2 seem fine because everything else was so bad. They have some issues but over all I can at least watch it and be like yeah even if there is some dumb poo poo in here and Mando is kind of a moron it at least FEELS like Star Wars in a way the sequels can't touch. Book of Boba Fett and Obi Wan though, oh my god

Andor yeah I'd say that is a pretty well made show but when the best thing you've made is something a good chunk of the fan base thinks is pretty boring, whether that is true or not, says a lot about the other things you've done.

smellmycheese posted:

What’s really funny is that what they had to do was incredibly simple. Get the old gang back together for one last rip roaring adventure, introduce the new kids along the way, and hand over the torch in a dignified manner. It was that loving simple and they hosed it up in every imaginable way.

Let's make a new trilogy and have zero scenes of Han Luke and Leia together, and then one by one kill them off. Sure you could say "well Carrie Fisher died in real life, they COULD have done that" to which the counter argument would be well why the gently caress are you waiting till the third movie to do that in the first place.

Oh, that wasn't bad enough? Well, when we first bought Star Wars we aren't touching any prequel things at all cause people hate that right? huh? People actually do like them? Well, we butchered the OT cast bad, let's get Ewan McGreggor AND Hayden Christiansen back to play Obi-Wan and Darth Vader again, that will make the people happy! poo poo, we butchered that just as bad or maybe even worse than the OT cast? Uhhhh lets make a show with the blue guy, people liked him right? Oh uh.. guess people didn't really like this show that much either, and the one character people DID like the actor died after filming so uhhh hey remember baby yoda?

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 10, 2024