Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Star Wars: The Backpedalling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

skasion posted:

The dialectic thought explicit in the text of Lucas Wars is instead implicit in the structure of Disney Wars. TFA’s thesis and TLJ’s antithesis lead to TROS’s synthesis

This is reminding of Mass Effect 3 in a bad way

I CHOOSE SYNTHESIS

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

The only thing I want R2-D2 to do is turn on, show a hologram, and shut down. Last 2 movies did it, better not sure as gently caress break that streak now

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Hairy Busey posted:

The original actor died, what else could they do other than kill off the character entirely?

CGI Kenny Baker :haw:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

What's the chances Jabba shows up

I'm taking bets with friends and I'm thinking sluggo will make a cameo

o ho ho ho ho~

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Bert Roberge posted:

https://twitter.com/EntEarth/status/1116756494609870848

They glued a desk lamp/trumpet mute on a wheel and called it a character.

so junkyard trash is displacing midget acting jobs

gently caress this economy

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

basic hitler posted:

I hate george Lucas but i admire this 4D chess move. Like disney star wars is truly awful. He got mad at the fans for being mad at him, cashed out to the worst game in town and sat back while they turned a gigantic piece of boomer amd gen x nostalgia into the blandest pap ever made

he is a terrible director, but he is an absolute GENIUS business man

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

star video games are great cause they just take an existing game, make a knock-off, and throw in star wars character models

Vaderunknown's Battlegrounds

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

skasion posted:

1-6 are a complete thematic arc and any addition to it was always going to have problems, which is why Lucas conspicuously didn’t follow it up. We’ve already done tyranny becomes freedom, we’ve already done freedom becomes tyranny. 7-8 portray a constant, almost meaningless struggle between freedom and tyranny because they have no trajectory left to explore without getting redundant.

"maybe tyranny and freedom... can be friends"

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Hope ghost yoda has a lightsaber duel with ghost emperor, that would be loving awesome and has never happened before right

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

So the rebels are just going to lightspeed ram empty ships into the Empire right, since that is an incredible effective move in TLJ

Oh, it'll be ignored and no mention of anything that occurred in TLJ will have ongoing consequence, ok cool

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Applewhite posted:

OH JK about earlier, Rey is Luke's daughter! Pls don't be mad at us!

"Your parents were nobody... from a certain point of view."

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

My only question is what is Kylo Ren's motivation. 4+ hours of sequels and I dont have the slightest clue why he does anything

No Disney, "RAAAAAAGH" is not a motivation

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

After seeing The Joker, Kylo really is just a cry baby. Arthur Flick actually had some REAL problems, I'm just not buying Kylo's space nazi heel turn

We never see Kylo as ever being good, so there's no tragedy. Bleh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

My favorite part of the trailer is when C-3P0 says he wants to say goodbye to his friends, looking at Rey, Finn, and Poe, all of whom he didn't even know and the only interaction they've had has been telling him to shut the gently caress up

Its extra dumb because C3PO has to be almost 100 years old at this point so he has to obsolete and anyone who loved(?) him is loving dead.

Star Wars is fun