Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
I hope they bring back midichloreans. I hope they talk about them non-stop in the new movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

And more politics goddammit! I want to know what kind of government the ET people have! This is super important for immersion!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Suppose they gave a star war and nobody came.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Star Wars reimagined as a high school comedy with Principal Patine. The rebels are the students and the empire are the school staff.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

What if Rey gets adopted and becomes a defacto Skywalker? That's a pretty stupid way to solve the problem so it might happen!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

I'd like to think the advertising backfired a bit on them as I know a lot of people who got real sick of seeing Star Wars everywhere.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

People just love talking about Star Wars! It ruined my childhood! Extended universe! Rian Johnson and Ron Howard! Jarjar binks! Darth Vader, ooooooo!

The force! Jedi! Smugglers! Empire!

And such and such.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You simple fool. Todays teens care not for your images and sound, they want to know how the trade delegations are going, or if the strong powerful goddess-leader has the right shade of purple hair to prove she's the wokest commander ever.

They need to make a new Star Wars video game that is nothing but political debates and trade disputes. It'll be like Wall Street Kid but with space mans.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Seeing the dog get promoted to full member of the Jedi council before he did is what finally drove Anakin over the edge.

The little dog walks in, wearing a little jedi robe and a tiny light saber. The council smiles and claps.

Mace Windu: "Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaa! All right, yeah!"

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Xtra Innings Lovin posted:

I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and gets everywhere. :argh:

Padme, rolling her eyes, "I know! Tell me about it!"

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Was he ever called Palpatine in the original movies? I liked the movies when I was a kid but wasn't crazy about them and I thought his name was just The Emperor.

I also thought it was Obi One, Hand Solo and a light saver because I was like 4 when Jedi came out.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Chrpno posted:

Everybody wants to be Space Ghost
Everybody near and far

Hey mom look at me
I'm on tv!
Everybody wants to be a star (war).

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Star Wars Episode X: The adventures of Dexter Jettster and JarJar

Subtitle: Hahaha gently caress you everyone!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

WatermelonGun posted:

i can’t fathom watching any of these movies more than once

I saw the prequels in the theater and by the time "revenge" came out I sort of went out of obligation although I wasn't excited for it.

Learned my lesson tho. When I slogged through the second hobbit movie I was like "nope, not doing this again" and still haven't seen the third one.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Good for you.

For me I skipped the middle one and watched the end one so I can tell you it was terrible.

The second one has an Ed Sheeran song playing during the credits. My wife and I looked at each other and were literally:

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

"Yoda! Why did you destroy all the ancient Jedi texts??"

"Just tryin' to get a rise out of you, Skywalker!"

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

This thread made me realize I haven't watched the original Star Wars in a long time. I barely remember anything about the plot or story except broad concepts (Luke must save friends, Han gets frozen in carbonite, things like that.)

It also reminds me of the first time I met a true Star Wars fan. It was in high school in the mid 90s and even tho he was a cool guy and a friend of mine I couldn't get over how weird it was that this guy was so into a movie that came out (at the time) over 15 years ago.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Applewhite posted:

This will all have been worth it if Poe and Finn kiss.

Oh they'll kiss... other people!

How're your expectations right now?

Are they a little....

Subverted?

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Martman posted:

could really go for some smooth jizz right now, anyone know any good cantinas?

It's like every cantina plays that these days. No matter where you go there's jizz everywhere!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Or you could smoke it through a special long pipe known as a "pole".

Like they say, "If you really want to 'get jizz', smoke a pole!"

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

I watched the last jedi on a plane. The flight was shorter than the movie so I still haven't seen the actual ending. I saw where luke is there but isn't there, I thought "okay, that's the end" but the movie didn't stop. Then we landed so I turned it off.

The only part that sticks out to me at all was where maz katana was like "you guys need the best code breaker in the universe, I know where he is! He'll be wearing a pin!"

I still think this is so loving stupid that the only description she can give is that he's got a pin on. I remember saying "what?!" Out loud because my wife got startled and was like "what, what?"

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

RaySmuckles posted:

she was fighting a raging battle and described it as a "union dispute"

as the owner of a business which side of that "union dispute" was she on and who was she killing? was she murdering exploited workers fighting for better living conditions? if so, lol

I didn't even realize that's what it was, I was only half paying attention and wrote it off as "dumb star wars lazer gun fight."

Makes sense, Maz struck me like a jerk.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

I think the rest of Mark Hamill's life will be him bitching about these movies and how they could have been great if they just would have utilized the old cast better!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

https://vimeo.com/148990643

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

I just want to make fun of star wars because its star wars. Chewbacca! Yoda! Ha ha!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Moola posted:

DS9

HE DOESNT HAVE HIS GUN BAKA

Gunbacca?

Gunny for short.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Unh

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Nnnnggghh...

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Chewie's dick is his gun it just looks like that cause of all of the piercings

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

can't even have good space wizard movies in this idiot timeline

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Popping cherries Boba Fett

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

no one's ever really gone

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Today I learned that sea turtles will sometimes pull up to shore and vomit out what looks like blood, but what is actually just sea water mixed with microbes from their esophagus that break down food. This is apparently just a normal part of their digestion cycle, they swallow some sea water, eat some stuff, digest for awhile, then puke up the now-red sea water. So if you find a bunch of turtles on the beach it'll look like they're sitting with their heads in a pool of bloody congealed vomit

That's what watching The Phantom Menace is like; laying down with your head in a pool of your own bloody vomit while you beg for death. Watching TLJ is like sitting with your head in a pool of your own piss.

Isn't that a little harsh? Laying in your own vomit isn't THAT bad.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

It's called Star WARS not star GIRLS! :argh::reject:

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Rise of the Branch Davidians: a standalone film that takes place in the biblical cinematic universe.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

the resurrection was just setting up for a sequel, but you're right, it is time to reboot jesus

The bible is a well known property loved by millions, but it's in desperate need of a reboot to remain relevant in today's market.

Jesus should be less talk, more action. More apostles will help (not too many tho, have to think of toy manufacturing costs) and make one a goofy sidekick that the little kids can relate to... maybe Andrew (his character needs fleshing out).

Sermons and parables are perfect for action sequences, where Jesus espouses wisdom while fighting off bad guys. The crucifixion should have a massive CGI battle leading up to it. After the resurrection there should be a big dance party where all the characters (including bad guys) get down to a modern rendition of a 60s-80s pop song.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

"What would Jesus do?!"
*music stops, close up shot of John the Baptist*
"... he'd get the job done."
*screen goes black, sound of shotgun racking, words appear on screen*
This summer... the other cheek... has been turned.

Resurrection
this film has not yet been rated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Do you think Jesus ever said the N word

Nubian?