Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Chrs posted:

Phantom Menace is good actually.

Attack of the Clones though now thats a bad movie

Hell yeah! Phantom Menace is a legit good Star Wars movie.

AOTC is... something else. Has good parts, and not so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Presto posted:

No, Phantom Menace was a pile of dogshit. I remember sitting in the theater thinking "what the hell is even happening?" The most charitable thing you can say about it is that at least it wasn't as bad as AotC.

No, it's a good Star Wars movie.

Let me emphasize the phrase "Star Wars movie" because I think people have entirely forgotten what that means.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because they didnt have a plan. marvel for all the poo poo it gets was a well oiled machine up until endgame because they wrote out alot of it ahead of time. with star wars, they just went gently caress it.

The prequels were highly planned. The sequels, not so much.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Saalkin posted:

No they weren't. You can find behind the scenes poo poo of Lucas panicking because he hadn't written poo poo and they were getting close to filming dates

Oh sure, I know what you're referring to. Things here and there. But the overall story was planned, broken into 3 parts, a time skip between 1 and 2, etc. I mean, the prequels are telling a story that's already told - Palpatine takes over the galaxy, Anakin falls to the dark side. It's not made up from scratch.

In comparison, the Sequels were 3 separate films that made it up each time.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

Which eastern religion did he steal that from?

Taoism

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I loved Rogue One.

All the planet hopping.

The real ragtag, desperation of the Rebels.

Who are the commanding Rebels anyways? They always seem like English jerks.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outpost22 posted:

I just found out that the star of the prequel series was bullied so hard he wanted to kill himself. :smith:

Why are Star Wars fans so mean? :(

Star Wars fans sure do hate Star Wars!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Everything people hate in the Prequels you can see starting in Return of the Jedi, and then moreso in the Special Editions. He was marinating in those Prequel vibes for a while.

And one could argue it was all there from the beginning, but Lucas had other people to focus everything in ANH and TESB.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

Ahsoka was okay i guess for a show about a lady crossing her arms. The parts with anakin were the best parts. But lol I’m not going to watch a child’s cartoon series to understand who most of these people are.

I was real bored with it and I love Ahsoka as a character from Clone Wars/Rebels. An entire Macguffin storyline about the dumbest thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I don't think about it for long periods of time, and then find when I do, I've forgotten more and more about it.

I recommend this Force training.