Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
This is no different to the TLJ trailer really, it’s just the same old OT fan service quick-cuts thing again. People are only excited because it’s new Star Wars content.

We’re still not seeing the “Wars” part that was prominent in the prequel trilogy; there’s been very little military focus so far in the new story so I can’t muster up much interest in this. Compare the world-building and variety of the PT with the new films, they are so far apart.

The timeline of TFA > TLJ is only a week or so though, so I suppose the wider galaxy hasn’t had time to react to current events, or for it to be shown to us as an audience. I still think Disney are really wasting the potential of the sequel trilogy in terms of story and worlds and the military elements.

psyman fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Episodes 2 & 3 are actually quite good, at the very least the individual components are superior to the Disney films; story beats, planets and world-building, visual design, vehicles, warfare, robots etc. The failing is in the characters, interactions, excessive green screen/CGI in place of physical effects and a lot of rushed parts in Ep 3.

I have no shame in saying I love the whole design of the PT especially the clone army and their heavy vehicles, combining elements of the OT with modern aesthetics. It was a milestone for military science-fiction considering nothing much had happened in the genre since Aliens in 1986. I think bandwagon hate of the prequels is just dumb and makes you look like a philistine.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Rutibex posted:

attack of the clones and revenge of the sith rule and are great movies. they are telling an actual logical story about the evolution of a galactic civilization. thats interesting! they are also visually stunning and well designed. every scene on Coruscant is amazing, it really pisses me off that we never see Coruscant once in the new trilogy. they also have extremely good soundtracks.

Rise of Skywalker crossed a threshold from sci-fi into fantasy. it doesnt even count as star wars any more it has become space Lord of the Rings

yes brother spread the word!